Featured Robert Clark Original Self Portrait (Unfortunately is portraits aren't as desirable)

Discussion in 'Art' started by Kasperscuriosities, May 11, 2016.

1. Kasperscuriosities

Kasperscuriosities Two hundred years too late.

I took in this piece which I really like. It is an original. Painted by Robert Clark. We do have some info on the artist. Apparently he is well known for his Landscapes which have sold for 50 to 80 thousand. Unfortunately, this is a self portrait and from what I understand no one really likes his self portraits. Sigh. Oh well. I still think it is kind of nice.

a-199.jpg a-200.jpg a-201.jpg

2. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Doggone artists with common names...
    There are a few such... I'm trying to narrow it down...
    I can't imagine why a self-portait of any well-known artist wouldn't be desirable.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Kasperscuriosities

I know the name Robert Clark isn't very distinctive. This is suppose to be the same artist but I can't get a good look at the signature anywhere. His landscapes are suppose to be very realistic but this is a lot different than those pieces.

http://www.askart.com/artist/Robert_Charles_Clark/10010125/Robert_Charles_Clark.aspx

KingofThings likes this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

5. Kasperscuriosities

Well he is for sale. Wink wink. LOL! Thanks for helping find a signature to compare. Looks the same to me. He is very talented with his landscapes. I think he passed away in 97. I personally like this painting too. It came from an oil tycoon. :) I can't help but feel as though I have seen him before.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. Ruedi

Ruedi Active Member

? where would he be for sale and ? value thanks

7. johnnycb09

Just one wall in my bedroom alone ,and Ive added more since this pic was taken , otherwise .... :)
    DSCN2908.JPG

8. Ruedi

Ruedi Active Member

nice ? barley twist table

Kasperscuriosities likes this.
  9. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

What's the painting that looks like a guy trying to hug a ghost? LOVE the Times Square scene.

10. johnnycb09

They are tango dancers by an artist named Sigfredo Pastor .

11. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!! Thanks!!!!

johnnycb09 likes this.
  12. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

Painting may seem familiar, as it looks like a Western relative of "The Laughing Cavalier." :)

13. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Mr. AHorn...being new here & not familiar with this site...let me explain.

At the bottom of the FORUM list there is one just for selling....called SELL.
    Please post photo's of your item there.....and members will decide if they wish to contact you or not.

FYI...the thread you have replied to is from MAY 11 2016......and Kasper & Ruedi...have not been seen here for many months......so as for them...you are whispering into a hurricane ...!

daveydempsey likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted