Rodin Pottery Dog Figurine

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wildrose, Feb 8, 2018.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

I cannot for the life of me find a Rodin Pottery. The label also has some stylized letter which I am certain mean something. P&BC? Is anyone familiar with this label? Thanks! rodin.jpg rodin1.jpg rodin2.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

3. wildrose

I did mean FB lol...

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I just tried all of the above and then some in Lehner's (thinking that at least one of them should be in there somewhere.) Nada.

Bronwen likes this.
  5. wildrose

Thanks for trying.

6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Houseful and judy like this.
  7. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

I don't like where the & is for that....
    could it be F B & Co ......?

SBSVC likes this.
  8. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Komo, your guess is as good as mine!

judy likes this.
  9. komokwa

Then I'm in good company................or you are......:playful::playful:

SBSVC and judy like this.
  10. komokwa

they seem like an importer....

judy likes this.
  11. JB Miller

JB Miller Well-Known Member

This site states it's Fisher, Bruce & Co., Philadelphia. I don't know if that's accurate or not. When searching Google books there are a few mentions in international trade related texts from 1950 of Fisher, Bruce & Co., 219 Market St., Philadelphia.

Can't seem to find anything about Rodin Pottery. Maybe you have the only piece in existence ! :)

Here's some info about Fisher, Bruce from the Smithsonian:

Fisher, Bruce & Company, importers of china, earthenware, and glassware, were located on Market Street in Philadelphia. The firm dates back at least to the year 1880, when it was known as Atherholt, Fisher & Company, and was located at 519 Market Street. The principals in the firm were Thomas C. Atherholt, Samuel Fisher, and his son, Joseph G. A. Fisher. By 1885 the company's name had changed to Fisher, Son & Company. By 1889, after the addition of George H. Ruth to the firm, its name had changed to Fisher, Son & Ruth. The following year, probably following the death of Samuel Fisher, Worthington Bruce joined the firm, and its name was changed to Fisher, Bruce & Company. In the same year the firm relocated to 221 Market Street.
    The company continued to prosper in its Market Street location, which extended back to Church Street.
    By 1930, the adjoining building at 219 Market Street was purchased. The ground floors of numbers 219-221 were used as a showroom and the company's offices were located upstairs. The company stayed in the Fisher family's hands for the remainder of its existence, with E. Monroe Fisher as President of the firm beginning in 1930. In the 1970s the company was sold and the business relocated to New Jersey.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2018
  12. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Philadelphia is the home of the Rodin museum so the Rodin Pottery name does make some sense. I think it's just a trade name, though, and not the name of the company that produced the figurine.
    Don

13. wildrose

Thanks everyone! I will read through all this awesome information!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted