Rolex Watch

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by kentworld, Oct 14, 2014.

1. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

2. terry5732

terry5732 Well-Known Member

He's got a clock on his phone

Jr85 and LeftonGuy like this.
  3. LeftonGuy

LeftonGuy Well-Known Member

4. LeftonGuy

LeftonGuy Well-Known Member

But it does not look very good on his wrist.:smuggrin:

5. afantiques

afantiques Well-Known Member

Let him have that and next thing he'll be wanting a Harley.

Tell him everyone will assume it is a fake.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  6. silverthwait

silverthwait Well-Known Member

And I would like a butler, please.

spirit-of-shiloh likes this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I want a maid. And a personal chef. I'm also putting in an order for a David Beckham lookalike, but with more brains. Tats optional.

spirit-of-shiloh and kentworld like this.
  8. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

DH has good taste in time pieces...

9. afantiques

Rolexes are a bit common. I suggest Audemars Piquet or Patek Phillipe. I have an 18K gold Corum but normally wear an old Seiko, to the extent that I don't actually remember where I put the posh watch.

trip98 likes this.
  10. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I took my watch off the day I retired. Have not worn one since. I could never understand the theory of giving someone a gold watch when they retire. What the heck do they need one. It helps when being an old farm raised kid. I am usually about 5 mins off just by guessing, of course that is in daylight. Hell at night if you are having fun why worry about the time.
    greg

11. kentworld

DH has enjoyed all your comments. Here is what he says:
    It's not about telling time of course. And if people think it's fake that's ok. It's about what it will do for me, not them. In an electronic world I want a piece of handmade machinery on my wrist.

DH doesn't want a Harley, he has a millennium yellow Corvette in the garage which has yet to let me drive... :grumpy:

12. afantiques

Put a GPS chip in him. After the bling watch and the yellow Corvette you know what the next step is. Or maybe have him gelded.

13. evelyb30

Or just take the keys. He can have all the bling he wants but can't go anywhere unless it's in the minivan. (LOL)

14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Little harsh ....no ?

boys can have their toys and still be faithful as the day is long !

15. kentworld

I showed him the posts -- he laughed at AF's and said that he would let me drive the Corvette provided he was in the passenger seat! I guess he's not considering the "next step" at the moment... ;)

16. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

My DH always said that when he retired he wanted "the company" to buy him a Rolex watch. Well since he is a self-employed consulting engineer "the company" was his consulting firm. I decided 11 years ago that it was absolutely foolish for him to wait till he was ready to retire to have this watch. So for our 30th wedding anniversary I gave him a Rolex like this one which is what he wanted.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Men-Rolex-S...istwatches&hash=item20eeb2a36b#ht_6791wt_1583

I gave it to him then because I decided anyone who could put up with me for 30 years deserved a Rolex. ;):hilarious:

Funny thing is when he graduated from college back in 1974 we had been married about 1 year & I decided to buy him a watch for a present. I ended up getting him an Omega like this one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mens-Vintag...istwatches&hash=item4adc7ac70a#ht_4065wt_1191

He wore it every day until he got the Rolex & now it sits in his drawer. Thing is the Omega is probably more "valuable" than the Rolex. Now he has to decide which son gets which watch eventually.

kentworld likes this.
  17. afantiques

Trial by combat. Survivor gets both. Simple.

antidiem, kentworld and gregsglass like this.
  18. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

New Trial by combat. Survivor gets both. Simple.

:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

AF - Have I told you lately that I LOVE your sense of humor!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss::kiss:

19. kentworld

DH is still on the prowl for his Rolex. Was one in a town not far from us that he was thinking he should go see. Alas, it sold this morning. Bercrystal, I also bought him a watch years ago, but it wasn't a big "name" so I suspect that there'll be no combat for that one, LOL!

20. evelyb30

Most of the watches I've bought over the years would generate more of a fight over who's going to toss them out.(LOL)

lloyd249 and kentworld like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted