Roll wood over or boat motor frame not sure what it is

Discussion in 'Tools' started by rknarr2, May 19, 2019.

1. rknarr2

rknarr2 Well-Known Member

I do not know what this is but I thought maybe it was used to roll wood over or used to put on a boat motor. It is about 10" x 3" without thumb nail screw and nearly 4 1/4" with thumb nail screw. The height is about 2 3/4" without the hand tightening screw and around 3 7/8" with the hand tightening screw. I tried a different forum with no luck but I really appreciated their efforts and wisdom as I do yours. Thank you for identifying this from me. Rob
    IMG_6313small.JPG IMG_6314small.JPG IMG_6315small.JPG IMG_6316small.JPG

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

can u lighten these pics...?

i need help likes this.
  3. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

4. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Nice presentation: good pix fm various angles, dimensions!!!!, good spelling and grammar.

Now shame on us if’n we cain’t figger it out!

i need help likes this.
  5. springfld.arsenal

Note the four “bolt” holes are roughly square, probably for carriage bolts with square under the head, to prevent rotation while installing nut. Maybe op will check the bronze-looking body of this with a magnet. Bronze may suggest a marine application. That piece appears cast, in any case, looking at the loops on the end. I’m up dark-early ‘cause I’m picking up a hydraulic drop-bed trailer, going 90 min. South, to collect a 6500-lb.Caterpillar electric order-picker. Did same thing last week but it wouldn’t run, so left it there for Cat people to fix. It WILL run today so I can drive it onto the trailer!

i need help and Jivvy like this.
  6. rknarr2

I think the four square holes have clips in them to hold the under piece to the frame. I do not think its bronze, I think it is just rust and/or mud. The loops on the end maybe a roller fits in it. Awesome, my neighbor stores one of those hydraulic beds on his property for someone probably my brother in laws son but I am not real sure. Wow, into big boy toys. My brother in law was into big machinery when he managed a small logging company years ago. Glad Cat people got it fixed so you don't have to make an empty trip down to drive it onto the trailer.
    Rob

7. rknarr2

When I pull on the thumb screw the metal roller comes out as shown in 1st picture and when I push on the thumb screw the metal roller goes in as shown in 2nd picture. You can see that the roller has rust on it as well as paint fade and rust on the blue frame and on the hand tightener and thumb tightener screws. I am brainstorming that the hand tightening screw secures under a work bench or inside to secure a boat motor. Hope this helps. Rob
    IMG_8367small.JPG IMG_8368small.JPG

8. springfld.arsenal

Maybe a wringer for some special liquid-bearing brush or something else that’s wet. It is clamped under some form of workbench or stand. The wet object is inserted between eccentric shaft (u call roller but it can’t roll) then one hand raises the handle to close shaft on wet thing, then wet thing is pulled upward with other hand, being wrung out by the pressure of eccentric shaft against wringer body.

Ad dat’s da twoof!

-Edith Ann

Draft saved Draft deleted