Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental 40/50, 1933. Art Print

Discussion in 'Art' started by Photodude, Aug 3, 2021.

1. Photodude

Photodude Member

Where’s the best place to find a buyer for this poster: Rolls-Royce Phantom II Continental 40/50, 1933. Art Print by Arthur camp. 19 3/4” by 25 1/2”. Hand signed by the artist. Looks like linen paper. (Knoble-Camp, PO Box 322, Santa Inez, CA 93460.) 4843F223-0D3B-4D80-88C0-226119BBB1C3.jpeg

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Where's the real signature? It looks like it's signed IN the print rather than ON the print, and that makes a huge difference in price. Mass-produced prints aren't worth much most of the time. I can't blow this up, but it looks to have been part of a larger set.

That said, my guess about buyers:
    Some place in the Commonwealth or in a bunch of Car Guys with smart money saying the UK, Canada and Australia in addition to a decent market in the USA. The market for real physical cars has moved on, but old bits like this still find takers.

Pat Dennis and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Looks like it might say "Axtiin Camp" or 'Comp'..... SIGGY ON RR.jpg blowing it up didn't make it any more legible IMHO!!! But as you said @evelyb30, looks to be a part of the print.......​

4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

No idea. I'm betting it's down under the picture in the very fine print, but while I could read it in person there's no way to do it from here.

5. David Broom

David Broom Active Member

Last edited: Aug 4, 2021
  6. Photodude

Photodude Member

upload_2021-8-4_9-45-21.jpeg Tried to post this image of the signature but not sure it is taking, he was a fellow artist of my fathers and they commuted to work together. The one he gave my dad is not numbered.

Draft saved Draft deleted