Featured ROSENTHAL BJORN WIINBLAD CHRISTMAS CAROLS PLATES 6 Germany 1971 72 73 74 75 81

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mugzinnys, Jun 24, 2019.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

I found these beautiful plates at the fle market yesterday it was like a blessing in s-l1600 (1).jpg s-l1600 (2).jpg s-l1600 (3).jpg s-l1600 (4).jpg s-l1600 (5).jpg s-l1600.jpg disguise. On the flip side I might have gotten a complete set if I had gotten there earlier.

patd8643, cxgirl, aaroncab and 4 others like this.
  2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Never seen those before. What's on the back?

Mugzinnys, judy and cxgirl like this.
  3. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

4. Mugzinnys

The back usually a title depicting the image on the front and the Rosenthal Mark 20190624_104900.jpg 20190624_104914.jpg

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

WOW!!! I'm sure you saw the listing price on your last image!!!! VERRRY NICE!!!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful:

Mugzinnys and pearlsnblume like this.
  6. Mugzinnys

These originaly were a part of a collection on 12. I think the 1971 plate was the first plate in a series of Bjorn Christmas plates and the most valuble. Here is a display type card that was part of the set in one of the boxes they were packed in it read see image below. Curious??? 20190624_131802.jpg 20190624_131808.jpg

Last edited: Jun 24, 2019
    pearlsnblume likes this.
  7. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

I see faint red writing from a jeweler. That must be New Retail price?

Mugzinnys, judy and pearlsnblume like this.
  8. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

lovely....

Mugzinnys, i need help and judy like this.
  10. ascot

ascot Well-Known Member

Happy for you! Did the boxes come with them?

Mugzinnys, i need help and judy like this.
  11. Mugzinnys

No boxes, that would have been great, They were bubble wrapped and in individual corrugated wrappings and store 3 to . That might be the retail price. I am not sure.
    I need help you don't miss a thing. I did not see the red writing on the display card it reads " Balogh Jewelers Miami Beach Coral Garden 20190624_164157.jpg 20190624_164229.jpg 20190624_164339.jpg

i need help, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  12. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

No doubt the seller never got his/her price for the whole set so started dividing them up. It's quite possible the other plates were sold long before they ever reached your venue. It's been my experience that it's much easier to sell these types of plates individually rather than as a set. Someone is always looking to fill in a gap but few want to start from scratch or buy everything at once. Lovely plates and a very nice find.
    Don

carolgal, Mugzinnys, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  13. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

Mugzinnys likes this.
  14. carolgal

carolgal Well-Known Member

Look on Etsy, lot of german shops offering at near local value. Although I find different countries value some things more than others. Not sure if that is clear but my finger is getting tired

15. carolgal

carolgal Well-Known Member

Wiinblad very big in Europe except in France cause he is not French, sorta kidding :)

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
  16. Mugzinnys

The most desirable plate in the first in the series the 1971. 1 sold for 340.00 active listing are between 400-700 in the USA. I no longer ship International

Thanks carolgal

Last edited: Jul 24, 2019
    cxgirl and carolgal like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted