Roseville Ceramics

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Found this planter yesterday, marked Roseville Ceramics with a rose logo. Is this the Roseville Pottery, that we all know? or is this a different company? I have not been able to find this maker's mark. Measures 8" in diameter and is 3 1/2" deep.

DSCF7423 - Copy.JPG DSCF7424 - Copy.JPG DSCF7425 - Copy.JPG DSCF7428 - Copy.JPG

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

upload_2017-10-28_8-18-12.jpeg no , this is.

Ghopper1924 and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I found this about the company. If true it sounds like it may have been another more recent Ohio company, presumably in Roseville.

https://www.bizapedia.com/oh/roseville-ceramics-inc.html

Company Name: ROSEVILLE CERAMICS, INC.
    File Number: 880579
    Filing State: Ohio (OH)
    Filing Status: Dead
    Filing Date: September 9, 1994
    Company Age: 23 Years, 1 Month

Roseville Ceramics, Inc. is an Ohio Corporation For-Profit filed on September 9, 1994 . The company's filing status is listed as Dead and its File Number is 880579.

The company has 1 principal on record. The principal is Trisha J Ryan.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Lehner's book shows an extensive list of (the real) Roseville Pottery marks, many which look different from the "classic" mark Komo shows above. But there is only 1 that includes an actual rose. Problem is that that one was for their Rozane line and did not include the words Roseville or Ceramics.

5. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thanks to everybody for all of the help.

Ghopper1924 likes this.
  6. Joe2007

Joe2007 Collector

As a Roseville Pottery collector I've never seen this mark or heard of this company before. Interesting. I do not think it is associated with vintage Roseville Pottery.

Draft saved Draft deleted