Featured Royal Doulton/Royal Adderley “The Can Can” Violette

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Timasand, Jul 19, 2019.

1. Timasand

Timasand New Member

I grabbed this piece in an estate auction and I’m having trouble getting an accurate view of its value. The estate had numerous rare items and I’m starting to think this is one as well. It’s from the Royal Adderley Dances of the World Series but I can’t get an idea of the year. The little info I did find says that it was a rare piece because it was a risky figurine of the time due to her exposing her legs. Any help finding out any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

C3CE799E-B541-402B-9E90-8BAAA0F1CA29.jpeg E3E121CB-5C27-4766-82A8-4B5BDD69AAC2.jpeg ADC778E2-A29C-4E42-A0D1-BF48BF4B61C6.jpeg

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

@Timasand - you'll probably get more lookers in the 'Pottery, Glass, Porcelain' category, instead of furniture.

I don't think we have a 'mod' online right now or they could move it for you.

judy, Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Last edited: Jul 19, 2019
    Any Jewelry and i need help like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

"Good antique condition"?? The Royal Adderley name didn't even exist until the 1950's. :rolleyes:

kentworld, judy, Any Jewelry and 4 others like this.
  5. Timasand

Timasand New Member

You’re absolutely right lol. It was my first post here and I didn’t even notice. Thanks for the heads up.

judy and i need help like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I LOVE the lacy trim around the edge of her dress!!!!!
    Good luck with it!!

judy and i need help like this.
  7. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@daveydempsey
    Could you please move this to Pottery. Thank you.

judy and Any Jewelry like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Maybe that means the condition is not as good as vintage?;)
    That can't have been a problem at the time she was made, but it was an issue when the cancan was first danced.:)

komokwa, Bakersgma and judy like this.
  9. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Its done.

10. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted