Royal Winton Grimwades plates -- few questions

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Apr 3, 2018.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

These were at the thrift, perfect condition. 1995 version.

What would you call this size plate at 4 1/2 inches (snack plate?) and should I sell them together or separately. Wasn't sure they would have much interest as a single small plate. Also thinking I should include UK in the sale for sure. Thanks for your thoughts.

grim4.jpg grim4b.jpg grim4d.jpg

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Very nice! My temptation would be to try them as a set first just in case. It would be easier to ship one package rather than four if nothing else. On the other hand, I've actually had some luck selling individual plates of English china and especially chintz. For me they sell to US bidders. I've never sent one back to England.

I'm wondering if these plates were meant for display rather than use. I can see them in little plate holders up on the wall. If I remember right (and sometimes I don't!) little series of plates were popular in the 1990's as decorator items. There was kind of a revival of English teacups, teapots, saucers, little plates, etc. in gift shops here in the US. Outrageously overpriced as I remember.

Anyway, I would think they would make nice snack side plates as you suggest. Sorry if I'm rambling and a bit more disjointed than usual. There were nasty thunderstorms here all last night and I had a Yorkshire Terrier who insisted on standing on my head as I was trying to sleep. I would just think I'd gotten him settled but five minutes later he would awaken me again. Last night I would have shipped that particular item back to England in a heartbeat!:yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn::yawn:
    Don

3. Lucille.b

Don, too funny about your sleep disruptions! Sorry to hear! Hopefully no thunderstorms getting anyone riled up tonight. :cat: (We need a little Yorkshire Terrier icon...)

Thanks for taking a look. My instinct is to sell as a group for exactly the same reasons, one shipping box. But open to ideas. Thanks.

Sandra and dgbjwc like this.
  4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

So pretty.Id sell as a set simply because whoever would be looking for one would be interested in 4.

Lucille.b and Sandra like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I can't remember if you only sell online or if you sell in a mall.

If you sell in a mall, I would be pricing them $9 - 11 ea. / 4 for $28 - 30 range

Chintz is still selling for me here in CA

Dessert/Bread and Butter plate.

judy and Lucille.b like this.
  6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

They look very ready for spring....& make a nice set !!

judy and Lucille.b like this.
  7. Lucille.b

Online predominantly, occasionally CL or a local consignment store.

Thanks!

judy and clutteredcloset49 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted