Royal Winton Grimwades

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lorraine UK, Feb 4, 2020.

1. Lorraine UK

Lorraine UK Member

Hello everyone. I am looking for some help please. I have been looking for the pattern of two meat or sandwich platters that I have. I’m not sure if they are yellow or just changed colour with age? The thick rim that goes around the plates is either Brown, Orange or gold? It’s plain with flowers at each end ( small roses and some blue and white flowers they are rectangular in shape .... I have spent hours on lots of sites and I just cannot find it.... are they fakes? .... anyway I would like to say a big thank-you in advance

Attached Files:

2. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Nobody would fake that stuff, it is Royal Winton.

kentworld and Lorraine UK like this.
  3. Lorraine UK

Lorraine UK Member

Haha!!! Are you trying to say it’s cheap crock?!!! Haha! :0)

4. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

No! It's just that nobody would see profit from reproducing something that appears fairly obscure ..

Aquitaine likes this.
  5. Lorraine UK

Lorraine UK Member

I know!!! Sorry it was just a little joke .... I should apologise for my sarcasm.... it’s hard to do through texting hehe!! But I know what you meant, just don’t understand why I can’t find the pattern?
    I have another set of 4 plates that I have found were made in 1855 but I cannot for the life of me find it either!! Frustrating but also makes me learn more :0)

Aquitaine likes this.
  6. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I *think* "made in" was used after 1914 . Your platter has a 1920s look to me,but I could be wrong. Welcome aboard . :)

Aquitaine, Sandra and Lorraine UK like this.
  7. Lorraine UK

Lorraine UK Member

Ahhhh thankyou so much Johnny, I will start trying to research that when I get chance!! Haha!! Thank you for being friendly and welcoming me in to your great site :0)

Aquitaine and Sandra like this.
  8. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted