RSPCA Donation - Does anyone recognise this Hallmark on spoon?

Discussion in 'Metalware' started by Martin RSPCA, Jun 9, 2017.

1. Martin RSPCA

Martin RSPCA Active Member

Hi everyone,

Does anyone recognize this hallmark? its quite faded but I have tried to get a clear picture.

Many thanks

Martin P1050336 (Medium).JPG P1050337 (Medium).JPG

2. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Hi again Martin! Yeah, ''tis me. We do our best to answer your questions and there is NO quid pro quo here, of course, you should always feel welcome here.

We asked you a question about an early RSPCA seal with a slogan on it and you replied that you would ask a more knowledgeable person in the RSPCA. This was about two years ago and as you know I've asked you each time you post for a report on whether any information was obtained from your contact. If you ever responded I didn't see it. I request that you give us some information please! But even if you rudely continue to ignore me, you are still welcome here, of course. Thanks Martin!

3. Martin RSPCA

Martin RSPCA Active Member

Firstly, allow me to apologise sincerely, i certainly did not intend to be impolite and rude, I genuinely thought I had messaged you directly from the contact form on your website to inform you that I was unable to gather any further information on the seal, In the message I also requested that if you did gain any further information could you share it with me, I like you was awaiting a reply that never came, I am sure that your schedule is just as hectic as mine and as time has past I admit that this had since slipped my mind.

If you did not recieve my communication I would like to sincerely apologise.

Kind Regards

Martin

Christmasjoy and cxgirl like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Glad that's solved:).

Christmasjoy and Martin RSPCA like this.
  5. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

I believe those are silver plate makers marks.

6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yes, silver plate.

Christmasjoy and Martin RSPCA like this.
  7. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

If Davy happens to have retained the address of that strange, argumentative person who appeared here a few weeks ago -- and was subsequently banned (for 51 years, was it?), he might want to send the above exchange to him to manifest how the grownups handle their misunderstandings.

Come to think of it, it might prove to be beneficial to others -- particularly someone who tweets incessantly...who has a strange hairdo...

I'm just saying...

8. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Silver,
    Do not start!!!!!!!:rolleyes:
    greg

9. silverthwaite II

silverthwaite II Well-Known Member

10. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Ya....Vous !

Christmasjoy and Aquitaine like this.
  11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Just be grateful the guy who was into little girls' shoes hadn't shown up.(LOL)

Christmasjoy likes this.
  12. springfld.arsenal

Martin, thanks much for the update, I don't think I've ever looked for messages on that site so I'm sure it is my fault.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  13. springfld.arsenal

Speaking of online disagreements, I somehow became a target for a couple of know-it-alls on a machinist forum. I was trying to get some mysterious machinist's tools identified. They jumped down my throat as "the clown who drags his dumpster-diving finds here for identification." I stayed on the high road, mostly ignoring their taunts. Since they'd called me a clown I signed my next post "Bozo" to keep things light. Well one of the deadly duo apparently didn't know that the words Bozo and Clown are associated, the joke was lost on him, and he presumed I was calling him a "Bozo" so he just got more infuriated, and left with a few choice words. The other did likewise. I just wrote back that they were welcome to call me whatever they wanted, I don't care, if it made them feel good, fine with me, life's too short for me to sweat the childish stuff. I also mentioned that it looked like they could dish it out but weren't very good at taking it. They haven't come back.

14. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

musta bin a couple of clown farts ! ;)

15. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Ever since Ringling Brothers went out of business...dang loose clowns are everywhere!

16. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Say no to clowns.