Featured Rudolph Valentino Scrapbooks

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Vernon216, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Vernon216

Vernon216 Member

I have two Rudolph Valentino scrap books. One of the contents is dated 1915. There's many newspaper clippings, photographs, an autograph , part of his hat. The trunk that it was in also has wallpaper from his house and a mirror from his house. Incredible amount of stuff gathered from a lady born in 1927 and died early this year. She was an actress. Her mother started the Scrapbook.

Attached Files:

2. Vernon216

Vernon216 Member

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Now, THAT'S sooo cool!!! I gather he was quite the "item" in his time!:happy::happy: Are you seeing this @Vintage Maven???

Christmasjoy and Vintage Maven like this.
  4. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

Yes, I am @Aquitaine Truly fabulous, I absolutely love what I see here ❤️Maven

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. Vernon216

Vernon216 Member

I have a second Rudolph Valentino scrapbook I just offered for sale. 78359777_1203590406497554_4874772397602897920_n.jpg

6. Vernon216

Vernon216 Member

7. Vernon216

Vernon216 Member

Another page in the second scrapbook. 70513754_1203591463164115_3192586694494781440_n.jpg

Any Jewelry and Vintage Maven like this.
  8. Vernon216

Vernon216 Member

9. Vintage Maven

I do love it’s vintage. Would it be possible for you to PM me your asking price? @Vernon216

10. Vintage Maven

Virginia Love? Mother’s or daughter’s name?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    Christmasjoy likes this.
  11. Aquitaine

12. Aquitaine

@Vintage Maven, it's on ebay...........with more images!!

13. Vernon216

Vernon216 Member

The second scrapbook is on eBay. All of the photographs can be seen in this video.

The first scrapbook contains mostly newsprint clippings, more photographs and articles from his home. That will be offered for sale at a later time.

Christmasjoy likes this.
  14. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

My mother thought he was the bees knees.
    LOL

komokwa and Vintage Maven like this.
  15. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have his book of poetry, studio photographs and a scrapbook that my Aunt Willa had. She gave it to me specifically because she knew I loved 'old stuff' even as a child. She was born in 1898 and was my mother's oldest sister. At some point I'll probably sell it because none of the younger generation even knows who he is. Aunt Willa took care of me sometimes and I used to go through her postcard collection (which I also inherited) and scrapbooks for hours at a time. No tv in those days.

Christmasjoy and Vintage Maven like this.
  16. Vernon216

Vernon216 Member

The first scrapbook has been sold to a new owner. The second scrapbook is for sale, $250. A price drop from $399

Figtree3 and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted