Russian Porcelain - Can someone help identify?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by BroadwayBaby, Jun 13, 2021.

1. BroadwayBaby

BroadwayBaby New Member

Hello Antiquers!

Can someone help shed some light about these plates? They are 4 1/2" in diameter. We think they are Russian probably from the 1800s.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you in advance!

IMG_0401.jpeg

A620C26C-A859-4A78-8242-2AD1C2F39F7F.jpeg
    93493891-3BCB-44A0-B551-8D158385AFB8.jpeg

judy likes this.
  2. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

The translation is “taste it”, “to good health/cheers”

judy, Figtree3 and Any Jewelry like this.
  3. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

anundverkaufen and Bronwen like this.
  4. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

5. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

PortableTreasures likes this.
  6. BroadwayBaby

BroadwayBaby New Member

That's lovely! Thanks so much Branka! Any chance you know anything about the back of the plates? I realize it's very light, so might be hard to read...

judy likes this.
  7. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Not sure why this repeated 4 times. Anyway, what makes you think plates are from 1800?

Fid likes this.
  8. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

M. S. Uznecova. I think that may be the name of an artist

9. BroadwayBaby

BroadwayBaby New Member

My grandfather came to the US from Russia in the mid 1800's, so I thought they might have come when with him. I have another plate that has a more distinct marking on the back, and I think it might come from the same factory. A co-worker several years ago, had mentioned they were somehow connected to the royal family? But I'm not certain...

10. BroadwayBaby

BroadwayBaby New Member

11. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Can you take individual photos of the front of the plates please? I can’t see what is on photos exactly. Kids?

12. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Same markings, M. S. Kuznecova. Artist or factory. I’m sure if you google it more info will be available.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  13. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Also spelled M S Kuznetsov

Any Jewelry likes this.
  14. Liana

Liana Member

15. BroadwayBaby

BroadwayBaby New Member

16. BroadwayBaby

BroadwayBaby New Member

Liana likes this.
  17. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

18. Branka

Branka Well-Known Member

Isn’t that what I said. Good luck

Any Jewelry likes this.
  19. BroadwayBaby

BroadwayBaby New Member

Thank you so much Branka! Really appreciate your help!!

Any Jewelry and anundverkaufen like this.
  20. Iouri

Iouri Well-Known Member

"The partnership for the production of porcelain, earthenware and majolica products of MS Kuznetsov" [1] is one of the largest porcelain and earthenware industries in the Russian Empire at the end of the 19th - beginning of the 20th centuries. It was founded on September 29, 1887 by a Russian industrialist and businessman from the Kuznetsov family, Matvey Sidorovich Kuznetsov, and existed until 1917, when most of the enterprises were nationalized [2]. Re-registered in the Republic of Latvia on August 11, 1922 [3], nationalized according to the law of the Latvian SSR "On the nationalization of banks and large enterprises" in July 1940. The great-grandfather of M.S.Kuznetsov was Yakov Vasilievich Kuznetsov, who founded a porcelain production in the Gzhel region in 1812. The son of Yakov Vasilyevich Terenty Yakovlevich Kuznetsov continued the dynasty of Russian industrialists. He, in turn, had three sons: Sidor, Anisim and Emelyan. Sidor Terentyevich founded the Riga porcelain and faience factory in 1841, which after his death in 1872 passed to his son Matvey Sidorovich.

IvaPan and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted