Rustic Finish Pottery Vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, Jul 8, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

I guess a yard decorative piece ? But I wonder if the finish is original? There is no way to hold the piece and not get dirty. That black is so messy. I thought it was just dirty and start cleaning and the finish start coming off.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  2. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

Unless the photos are distorting the proportions, the opening looks really tiny for the size of the piece. Plus the opening looks like it's chipped and originally was even smaller?

I'm wondering if this wasn't a vase but used for some other purpose?

KingofThings likes this.
  3. lauragarnet

lauragarnet Well-Known Member

It looks like it's made of cement/concrete with a faux weathered metallic finish. Like corroded copper, brass or bronze. It's weird that the finish would rub off so easily. The shape is similar to a studio pottery weed pot. Very mysterious.

Can you tell for sure if it's really clay?

KingofThings likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Looks like a failed raku piece to me. Maybe got too hot and began to affect the integrity of the clay surface.

5. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Kardi, please find more Yixing pots......this thing hurts my eyes .....BAD !!! :eek::eek:

Draft saved Draft deleted