Featured S Repeat Pitcher?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Sep 22, 2019.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

This is a pitcher I picked up a while back, 8" tall, 5 1/4" in diameter and weighs 3# 12oz. I've had s-repeat toothpicks and I think maybe one other piece over the years but don't remember if they were colored or clear. This is purple, there are a few bubbles scattered throughout the glass. There is no mark. I found one sold with gold trim attributed to both National Glass and Northwood. I'd love to know whodunnit and when if that's possible.

Thanks to everyone, Linda SRepeat Pitcher (2).JPG SRepeat Pitcher (4).JPG

2. lvetterli

@daveydempsey or any other moderator, can this be moved to PGP please? Obviously not focused tonight! Thanks, Linda

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

4. lvetterli

Thanks, cluttered. Kind of a quiet evening here.

Linda

5. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

the OMN was "National" and the pattern was made in various colors including amethyst. Several forms were reproduced by Wright but from what I can tell that did not include the pitcher. National Glass made these at the Northwood Glass Works factory when it was a part of their combine; thus the attribution is National.

6. lvetterli

Wow! That clears everything up! Many thanks, tallcakes!

Linda

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
  7. Cherryhill

Cherryhill Well-Known Member

Since National ceased existence in 1903, I'd surmise that Dugan (Successor to Northwood) continued production and may have made the most of them.

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

I went through my LG Wright book and, like Tallcakes, could not find reference to LG Wright making a pitcher in their S pattern. Just as a point of interest, my Wright book (Measell and Roetteis) on page 73 says "The S pattern pieces were based up on old motif called Erie, which was first made in Indiana, Pa., in 1903."
    Don

9. lvetterli

Thank you Cherryhill and Don. Now I can go ahead and sell this puppy!

Linda

Mill Cove Treasures likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted