said to be a Meissen tea set, does this look authentic?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by sunday silence, Nov 8, 2022.

1. sunday silence

sunday silence Well-Known Member

2. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

looks like psyche and cupid - set is quarterfoil which was often used by Meissen - applied florals - looks good to me

3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

I have no idea other than it looks lovely, delicate and sweet!!!

4. sunday silence

Hello Rc: what does it mean "quarterfoil?' it is a type of transferware? I guess that is what threw me. I don't recall Meissen using that

bercrystal likes this.
  5. Rclinftl

no - quarterfoil is the 4 lobed shape of some of the pieces -

bercrystal likes this.
  6. sunday silence

thank you Rc. Is it more of a chocolate pot than tea pot?

7. Rclinftl

taking into consideration the scale of the pot compared to the sugar and creamer I would call it a rare espresso pot :O)

8. John Brassey

John Brassey Well-Known Member

Looks good. Is it hand painted or printed? Are there any impressed or incised numbers? Meissen usually has these.

Draft saved Draft deleted