Sailboat etched cordial glass

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Jun 1, 2014.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

Found another set in the box.

I see a lot of sailboats, but not this design of glass with the frosted bottom. Like anything else that older people collected, could have been from the 40s or the 90s. 3" tall. I'm keeping these - unless they're valuable. IMG_0222 (447x640).jpg IMG_0222 (447x640).jpg

2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bev,
    I do not remember seeing any like yours. The closest ones were frosted boats but not the bases. The were marked 40s but no company. I will be going back next week to the store that had them.
    greg

3. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

It was a doctor who owned them all. He had 9 kids so most of the really good stuff was gone when we went in to clean the house. This box of cordials was either overlooked or they really didn't want them. I can't see today's 30 something kids wanting their parents old stuff. We use cordials when our Belgian friends come to visit and bring genever. :) The ones I had were el cheapo plain ones. I'm loving these a lot - especially on Cape Cod.

Draft saved Draft deleted