Featured Satin bead necklace

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by KSW, Dec 1, 2022.

1. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Pretty charity shop find yesterday. Gorgeous cornflower blue beads that are slightly lighter in real life.
    The beads and the metal work on the bottom look like Czech brass & glass but the chain at the top is marked Sterling.
    This looks to me like someone wanted it a bit longer so attached a more modern silver chain? Or is the whole thing made up more recently using old beads?
    Am I on the right tracks or were some Czech glass bead necklaces made like this?
    Thanks for looking :)
    FADFA5AE-6FF7-4DBE-9D2C-0468C2086ADF.jpeg 7FCD4D5D-5390-4AE6-A459-81D0F83540B2.jpeg 16AA9ED3-59AF-47B9-98D0-E8CC27D06253.jpeg 18B33105-19E4-4DBF-A7AB-524FA8561B5E.jpeg CDD7B4E7-D9F2-4E57-9F9C-1FAB1A47F967.jpeg 1BB9638B-6299-44AC-A1AE-87A56D2B9C85.jpeg 4089F25F-A494-4642-B0E8-531D5DF6CE65.jpeg

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is gorgeous, love the beads.:happy: But looking at the clear end beads on the dangles, I think this was made at a later date. As far as I know, Czech glass dangles would be on flat head pins, so you would see the metal end disc (head) of the pin instead of a glass bead.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  3. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

That’s very helpful AJ, Thankyou! I knew something was nudging me that wasn’t quite right for the construction of the bottom part to be antique but I hadn’t clocked those seed beads!
    Nonetheless think whoever put it together actually did a nice job on it. The beads really are fabulous and I think they probably do have some age to them. New or old it’s a keeper :smug:

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Absolutely. They had a feel for the style.
    I think so too. You can still buy old beads, and some are quite pricey. I can imagine these would have been, they are so beautiful.
    Perfect.:happy:

IvaPan, antidiem, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
  5. stracci

stracci Well-Known Member

It's really pretty! I love the delicate swirl of the blue glass.

pearlsnblume, KSW, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
  6. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I would have thought this was an older Czech necklace. I've had a few in this approximate pattern. If there are some components that don't match Czech, possibly from some other country but still older? Especially with the sterling chain and quality glass beads. I agree the glass seed bead on the end is a bit out of style, so maybe another country??

It's a beauty!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2022
  7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

It is a lovely piece.

IvaPan and KSW like this.
  8. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Thankyou both :)

IvaPan, Lucille.b and pearlsnblume like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted