Scandinavian Glass Bengt Orup - What is it?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by wildrose, Jun 21, 2017.

1. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

Don't mind the dirty glass just looking to know if this is something one would drink out of or a vase? I have two. I have searched high and low and no luck finding this stick lady pattern. Signed Johansfor Orup. The opening at the top is only 1 1/2", 6" high. Thanks for any help!
    orup.jpg orup1.jpg

orup1.jpg

aaroncab likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I just looked at tons of his glass too,what a treat! Id gladly own any of it. Obviously "atomic age" ,definitely vases,definitely fabulous.

wildrose and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. wildrose

wildrose Well-Known Member

definitely some fantabulous items!!

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Johansfors Glass Vase by Orup......

MCM..glass,. Sweden..

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It may actually be a drinking glass. I've seen snifters this shape for spirits.

wildrose likes this.
  6. Mansons2005

Mansons2005 Nasty by Nature, Curmudgeon by Choice

What Owned said!..............I have seen some very strange "specialty" glasses in my time.................

wildrose likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Yup. And thinking about it, these were sometimes designed to have a cocktail stick placed across the neck with a flambed fruit or coffee bean.

wildrose likes this.
  8. PACKRAT

PACKRAT Well-Known Member

Did the Swedes drink coal oil? I know the Italians do, they just call it Grappa.

wildrose likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

My dad, who served in the Italy campaign in WW2, reckoned you could run tanks on it.

wildrose likes this.
  10. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

The Swedes call it either 'snaps' or akvavit. When we were there and our hosts took us out, they asked if we wanted some 'punch.' Thinking it was a fruit drink, we said sure. It was clear, white and deadly! They serve that in small cordial glasses though.

wildrose likes this.
  11. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Bev,
    They do the same in Denmark with little cordials but they refill them many times.:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:
    greg

wildrose likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted