Scandinavian silver makers mark

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ratsy Brown, Jan 14, 2021.

1. Ratsy Brown

Ratsy Brown Well-Known Member

Hello

Hoping someone can help ID the maker of this bracelet.

The mark has been double stamped, all that's clear is the S at the beginning, the 925 at the end and a dieresis in the middle. I am assuming a Scandinavian designer.

Thanks

PXL_20210114_155503432_compress1.jpg PXL_20210114_155513899_compress94.jpg PXL_20210114_155410398_compress48.jpg PXL_20210114_155440794_compress25.jpg PXL_20210114_155434798.jpg

KSW likes this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Have you checked here?
    https://www.925-1000.com/

Under "World Hallmarks" you can choose which country you want to look for.

judy likes this.
  3. Ratsy Brown

I had a look through all the Norway/Danish etc marks but couldn't match anything, frustratingly they don't show the accents above letters

KSW and judy like this.
  4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I think your dieresis/umlaut is actually a tittle.

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi @Ratsy Brown, Not sure if this helps, I got at DH'S computer finally, and I isolated that 'siggy' and inverted it....think it stands out a bit better......you or someone else here might have a better chance of figuring out just what it says now....JUST MAYBE!!!! @i need help??? HOPING it helps, anyway!!!:happy:

BTW, VERY cool and different bracelet!!!:)

slvr mybe.jpg

6. Ownedbybear

Definitely a tittle, double struck.

BoudiccaJones, Aquitaine, KSW and 2 others like this.
  7. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

Turkish maker 'SEZGIN', they sometimes dotted their upper case 'I', believe the 'S' at the end is a bit of another stamp of the name, the 'E' cut off. Gotta say, while attractive, all those fairly pointy corners, going all directions, looks uncomfortable to me...

~Cheryl

8. Ownedbybear

I said it was an I. ;)

I've seen that bracelet. It might even be in my Hoard, it looks very familiar. Lies flat when worn.

9. DragonflyWink

10. Ownedbybear

I've just spent an hour looking for my one. This house is alive, with a giant maw that swallows Stuff.

11. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

You can always blame the late great Bear, since cats think jewelry is a toy. My late Thelma was a pen and bead thief, or anything else she could whack off a table. If the bracelet hasn't been seen in years, he could be responsible. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

12. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

I love when you talk dirty. :):):):)

KSW, kyratango, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  13. Ownedbybear

Yessss.... one of the current feline overlords is a sock thief. I've found them in the oddest places.

14. Ratsy Brown

15. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly STAY SAFE The worst prison is a closed heart

Brings back memories of one of my dear kitties that's gone now. My sweet Puddle was a 24 lb. long hair massive darling that had a thing for bras. We used to laugh because she would rummage through the clothes basket, find one and drag it through the house. The sight of a giant cat waddling along dragging a bra between her legs was priceless! No idea why she liked them:) Girl thing I guess.

BoudiccaJones, KSW, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  16. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

would I trust a Turkish producer of 925 fashion silver ?

17. Ownedbybear

I had a cat who once managed to remove an entire tinsel garland from the Christmas tree WITHOUT disturbing a single bauble. He was found dragging it upstairs.....!

18. DragonflyWink

My Flame-point Percy Peach, who was one of the best kitties ever, but a bit eccentric at the least, was also a bra thief (thoughtfully bringing one out the first time my ex came to the house), he also stole socks, towels, really anything fabric, talking as he dragged them - will not go into a full description of his behavior with his canine buddy Syd's stuffed toys, but it was both disturbing and hilarious, apparently he felt a need to 'dominate' them...

~Cheryl

BoudiccaJones, KSW, kyratango and 3 others like this.
  19. Ownedbybear

20. Lark

Lark Active Member

Yes I would trust a Turkish producer of fashion Jewelry. They are wonderful craftsmen. I lived in Turkey as a child and I can see that style as something they would make.

Any Jewelry and DragonflyWink like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted