Schneider Artist

Discussion in 'Art' started by Tylerhawkens, Sep 26, 2020.

1. Tylerhawkens

Tylerhawkens Active Member

2D7EBE80-BF48-4A84-87D2-90914444DAF4.jpeg DADAF18D-BD2F-4843-BC1F-12BD487240A8.jpeg CFA2CF86-017E-4871-8F98-B16432835BF3.jpeg You guys have any thoughts on this lithograph? I know it’s signed Schneider but there are so many out there I don’t know which one to pick!

2. Tylerhawkens

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

You've probably always discovered with a quick internet search that the title is a Jewish song about a white goat. The framing is mid-Century. Anything on the back? In what part of the world did you find it?

Debora

4. Tylerhawkens

I couldn’t make out the title of the piece. What is it? I found in Los Angeles. Just a stamp on the back from a frame shop in Brentwood that is now out of business “Earls of Brentwood”.

5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Here's information on the title. And, fyi for the future, a photograph of the back of a painting and close-up photographs of any stickers, labels, stamps and handwritten notations are really helpful for identification. Among other things, they help with dating.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raisins_and_Almonds

Debora

Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    moreotherstuff likes this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Not likely that you'll be able to identify your artist. Could have been a souvenir, a craft show purchase.

Debora

7. Tylerhawkens

Thanks Debora!! I had high hopes for this one since it was embossed and very beautiful in person. The detail of the lithograph we’re amazing.

8. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It's a very attractive piece.

Debora

9. Tylerhawkens

Thank you

Draft saved Draft deleted