selling music posters and original art 1970-1980s

Discussion in 'Sell' started by f. skitty, Apr 14, 2019.

1. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

I am interested in liquidating a collection of posters and original artwork, most of which is for Austin, Texas venues such as Vulcan Gas Company, Armadillo World Headquarters, Antone's, etc. All posters are first printings and originals come from 3 collections started back in 1970-72. Some posters are signed. These have been stored flat for the last few decades. So far, I have 5 portfolio volumes (approximately 45-50 per volume) catalogued and am ready to sell those; unfortunatley, I have the majority photographed in jpeg fine as well as raw and this site does not support those formats. Any interest will be replied to. Thank you.

Pat P, Ghopper1924 and komokwa like this.
  2. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

these are representative of what i have to offer and some were posted earlier in the arts section of this forum, but in case someone didn't see those threads, here are a few images ... _DSC0766 (2).JPG _DSC0772 (2).JPG _DSC0760 (2).JPG _DSC0759 (2).JPG _DSC0756 (2).JPG _DSC0752 (2).JPG _DSC0755 (2).JPG _DSC0754 (2).JPG

Pat P, scoutshouse and Ghopper1924 like this.
  3. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

What kind of computer are you using, @f. skitty?

You can use Automator on Mac to convert or downsize copies of you files...

4. f. skitty

f. skitty Member

I’m using a dell but I think it would be easier, for me, to just post a list of what I have catalogued and then I can rephotograph any item someone may be interested in ... I’ll try posting a list later

scoutshouse likes this.
  5. Daniel G

Daniel G Well-Known Member

I am interested in hearing more about the signed posters that you have available, if I am not too late. Any Led Zeppelin or Bill Graham, Rick Griffin, Stanley Mouse posters?

scoutshouse likes this.
  6. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

This maybe falling on deaf ears, as you haven't been around for a while...

I'm not clear if op was offering these for some kind of exclusive sale here?

I'm not sure how a list will help present these great posters.

With the right software, you can absolutely crunch your image catalogue down to put on any website.

@Daniel G : I'm not sure you'll (or I) will ever get a chance to satisfy our curousity about this collection :(

Last edited: Jan 18, 2020
    Daniel G likes this.
  7. Daniel G

Daniel G Well-Known Member

Thanks Scout. I suspect we never heard back?

scoutshouse likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted