Selro/Selini Thai Girl Cast Gold Tone Metal Cufflink Pair?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by moreotherstuff, Jun 27, 2014.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I did check the links on the pinned thread, and these look very like Selro's Thai girls without a complimentary metal setting. What I don't see is whether Selro cast these things in metal, or whether Selro made cufflinks. Anybody know? Each face measures a touch more than ¾” top to bottom, a touch more trhan ½” side to side.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

As you can see, these are quite worn and look to have some age.

2. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

3. tie.dye.cat

tie.dye.cat Well-Known Member

I actually have a Selro asian princess brooch in hand right now (pretty beat up though), and I think I see a very slight difference in features from the cuff links you posted - the eyes are slightly different and the curve of the mouth.

I don't know though, the difference I am seeing might just be because of the difference in the medium, metal vs. plastic.

Here's a picture of mine for comparison:

DSCF3733.JPG

Last edited: Jun 27, 2014
  4. spirit-of-shiloh

spirit-of-shiloh Well-Known Member

I wish I had saved the site where I had my Selro bracelett and earings ID'd. Mine was solid brass and painted faces. I sent many pics to the expert and she said that there were brass prototypes by selro/selini and that a lot of their jewelry was not marked but had hang tags. Sadly I sold mine on eBay :( If I run across the site I will post. I LOVE their jewelry :)

Fantastic eBayer/ Great Communication/ Thank You/ Item Shipped TodayA++Buyer:
    collectorbead ( 2118[​IMG])
    May-03-10 15:28
    Vintage Selro Prototype Demi Parure Thai Face Masks (#110400784169)

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Thanks for looking. Could be imitation. Looking at the sites on the pinned thread, there are some pieces that look like they might be metal, but then again maybe not. The manufacturing requirements for producing plastic and metal I would expect to be quite different. For the investment involved, it's seems unlikely that Selro would produce cast items in white metal on a small scale - unless they shopped out their production, in which case any materials could be managed.

In other words... beats me!

Draft saved Draft deleted