Set of Golden Dresden Stetson China Dinnerware

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jaime Riggs, Jun 23, 2018.

1. Jaime Riggs

Jaime Riggs Well-Known Member

Picked this up for basically nothing, thought about displaying it on my sideboard. Having a hard time finding info, replacements.com identified for me as Golden Dresden pattern by Stetson China, but they don't have a single piece in it, have no info on age or price. They wanted to buy mine for $1 to $2 a piece. Only other set I have found sold in 2014 and of course I can't see the price unless I pay a monthly fee and join. This looks very similar to the American Beauty pattern but there are subtle differences. Does anyone know the age on this and if it is worth anything because of the rarity? And is there a way to figure out retail price according to what replacements offers you (like twice their price, etc) Thanks!!! 31968190_1975730992446479_2853332192765935616_n.jpg 32072856_1975730715779840_580567527017414656_n.jpg 32074928_1975730869113158_1910912571548893184_n.jpg 32072997_1975730862446492_2813739230021287936_n.jpg

pearlsnblume and Marzena like this.
  2. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

3. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Could you show the mark?

4. Jaime Riggs

pearlsnblume, judy and Barn Owl like this.
  5. janetpjohn

Stetson isn't what we think of as "old". They only manufactured from the 1940s to the 60s. Usually, prices on replacements.com are three times what you would get if you could even sell it online. Shipping is so high, that most people don't attempt to sell a complete set; they divide it for people looking to add dinner plates or serving pieces to existing sets. It's rare in the sense you can't find any more, but not valuable or collectible.

cxgirl and judy like this.
  6. Jaime Riggs

Thank you, what I needed to know. :)

7. Jaime Riggs

Well, I went ahead and listed it on Ebay in sets, Plates, bowls, cups, etc. Woke up the next morning to $80 in bids, who knew?

pearlsnblume likes this.
  8. Tude50

Tude50 New Member

Gosh I do not I am just learning about Porcelain I sell Antique Jewelry well I did I am trying to get out of it now. Can you tell me why whenever I try to upload a picture no matter how small I make it the The Picture is too big comes up and that is not the case I cannot maked them any smaller. tude50

pearlsnblume and Barn Owl like this.
  9. Barn Owl

We love antique jewelry, so you've come to the right place. :)
    I've had luck emailing it to myself then saving the image to my computer. Or finding an Image Compressor program on Google (but you have to be careful to find a safe site)

pearlsnblume and Figtree3 like this.
  10. janetpjohn

How in the world did this get tacked on to a thread about a different subject from last summer?

11. Tude50

Tude50 New Member

Hello and thank you for your response did you send the picture of all the porcelain? I have many beautiful pieces of porcelain as well. I have a partial set of Limoges quite a few pieces of Bridal Rose and other beautiful plates I collected over the years and have to sell it all, so if you know if anyone is interested please let me know it would be most appreicated.
    Thank you I am going try and put the cup and Saucer on again today using your method
    tude50

12. Barn Owl

Whoops, I thought this was the recent china thread I posted on before looking at the time stamp.
    Sorry, I meant that when I have an image that is too big, I have to email it to myself. You should try emailing the images to yourself then starting a new thread wih them.

I would recommend posting your pieces to a new thread to get more users' opinions on them. :)

i need help likes this.
  13. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Here’s the step by step for photos
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

Draft saved Draft deleted