Set of wine glasses "N" etched on base underneath. Maker?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Apr 20, 2018.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Hoping this is an easy question for someone. In the hand, a nicer set of glasses, they have sort of a vertical swirl in the glass was hard to photograph. For now mostly hunting down the maker. A distinctive "N" etched on the base.

Note: I just washed these and it makes it look like there is damage -- just water drops. Also kind of an optical illusion in the first photo -- where the vertical swirls come up made it look like the top rim is not round -- but it is perfectly round. Will need to improve photos if these wind up being an auction item.

Any idea of maker? Thanks.

gla2.jpg gla3.jpg gla5.jpg

Huntingtreasure and aaroncab like this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

3. Lucille.b

Hi Janetpjohn. I know you know glass. Was that a guess or have you seen others?

If guess, good guess but I just did a quick search and didn't see other clear wine glasses by Noritake signed, a few with labels, but not signed with an N. In fairness, just took a small sample.

My photos are not up to par on this post, but in the hand these almost feel like they are hand-blown possibly. Incredibly delicate feeling. It would not have shocked me (at the thrift) to see Baccarat or something on the base when I turned them over, but just the "N".

Appreciate you taking a look and all suggestions! :)

4. janetpjohn

judy and Huntingtreasure like this.
  5. janetpjohn

I think it's the Royal Pierpont pattern. Found it by googling tulip shape!

aaroncab, komokwa, Lucille.b and 2 others like this.
  6. Lucille.b

I think that might be it! Well done, Janetpjohn! Thank you!!!:)

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted