Featured Set Vintage/Antique Mutton Fat Jade Figures

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by antiquelover69, Nov 30, 2018.

1. antiquelover69

antiquelover69 Well-Known Member

Vintage/antique I believe this set is called mutton fat jade. 3" figures and one fish.I tried the scratch test and it didn't leave a mark.Cold to the touch, appears to be translucent in light, has just a hint of light green without light.There's one figure holding a baby,never came across one holding a baby.I would love some information,are they worth anything.I however did find out a little about mutton fat. SAM_0273.JPG SAM_0275.JPG SAM_0274.JPG

judy, Any Jewelry, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Nephrite can be found in a translucent white to very light yellow form which is known in China as mutton fat jade,

Photoing jade on a green background can distort it's color..
    I though mutton fat jade was more white than yours...

upload_2018-12-1_0-40-21.jpeg

kyratango, judy, Any Jewelry and 2 others like this.
  3. antiquelover69

I know very little about this set,when I looked up a few pieces,they were light green but I'm still learning,thanks

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Yes it is, off white(ish), and generally not as shiny.

antiquelover, could you photograph them against a white background? And individually?
    They look like celadon jadeite jade, but there are stones that resemble jadeite.

Last edited: Dec 1, 2018
    aaroncab, komokwa and judy like this.
  5. antiquelover69

Draft saved Draft deleted