shawshank redemption - I need your help to complete this

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by m3ltdown, Nov 10, 2018.

1. m3ltdown

m3ltdown Active Member

Hello,

I recently purchased two official shawshank redemption press kits this isn't the one i purchased but its very similar.

shawshank-redemption-press-kit-tim_1_5380d4bce24d3a5b56a07b2f8efffd36.jpg

let me tell you this item in your hand feels great its absolutely amazing its a purchase which i felt great about buying and owning, my press kit is in great condition it has over 50 pages of production notes and cast lists and documents.

It also has 9 photographers on very high quality photograph paper no bends no rips no folds all in perfect condition, the front covers are not the best conditions but no folds or rips. the problem is these press packs the few which are about i seen 3 maybe 4 only online and i have two of them no doubt they is a few more average between £15 - £50 however i haven't found one fully completed yet.

My original one i purchased was for £13 which had 2 of the photographers missing, so i purchased a second one at £18 which had the two missing photographers but strangely only had 3 photographers in total.

so i now have the 9/9 photographers.

What i would like to know how many photos do you think they will be? i tried to research and i think they is only 9 by any chance its a long shot but doesn't anyone know? i am still researching on google, i checked ebay and i won the two which was sold previously.

My total invest so far is £31

i want to try and complete the full press pack and then sell it at auction because i believe this is worth way more fully complete.

today officially according to the media the greatest film of the past 30 year has been voted as surprise surprise The Shawshank Redemption.

Christmasjoy and Joshua Brown like this.
  2. m3ltdown

m3ltdown Active Member

As i was typing and i forgotten to include i just seen this one listed on ebay.

s-l1600 (11).jpg

it currently only has 4 of the 9 photos and i don't have these production notes these are from "Rank film Distributors" mine are officially from "Castle Rock Entertainment" the production company which was the first press pack i purchased the second press pack i purchased also has these "Rank film Distributors"

anyone help? or provide any information at all? or any guess work? i checked on my imdb PRO and everything matches with the production notes and cast list.

Christmasjoy and Joshua Brown like this.
  3. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

4. m3ltdown

m3ltdown Active Member

Hello,

Thank you.

I found out that the green cast sheet is distributed by a UK company, After viewing everyone of them, i could find online i think they is a total of 9 images in the pack. I don't think the green sheets should be in the pack that doesn't make sense.

I seen one other thing in other in a pack which looks official which i haven't seen in any other pack. I personally emailed people the production company to see if they can let me know what's missing, i expect them to be a few more around due to the film not actually been too old, but i truly think they is profit to be made once the full set it completed.

Draft saved Draft deleted