Featured Shelley Trio

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Rclinftl, Jan 15, 2023.

1. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

a Shelley Trio - unlike any other trios I have found the vessel doesn't have a handle... might anyone know the pattern name?

side note - last pic is of my takes from yesterdays flea market - I got the Shelley Trio - 3 Bristol Yellow Engraved Cocktail Glasses - a Versace Christmas Ornament - 2 Versace Rosenthal Round Covered Boxes - and 4 Jumbo Versace Casual Rosenthal Cup and Saucers and 2 large serving pieces - Versace Casual is the pattern that Brooke Shields collects... shell.jpg shell2.jpg shell3.jpg shell4.jpg

2. Rclinftl

ohhh - almost forgot I got 2 of the renown Boris O'Klein Dirty Dog (peeing dogs) prints :O)

pearlsnblume and bercrystal like this.
  3. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

The cup isn’t really the sugar bowl? It would be too hot to drink from without a handle wouldn’t it? The Shelley cups I’ve seen have always had a handle but I may be wrong.

4. Rclinftl

out of sight out of mind - I had the cups and saucers on top - I haven't run across the dirty dogs prints in a coon's age :O)

dirty.jpg

bercrystal and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. Rclinftl

I was thinking it might be a soup ?

johnnycb09 likes this.
  6. Rclinftl

it does fit perfectly into the saucer

7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Rclinftl likes this.
  8. Houseful

Rclinftl and Bakersgma like this.
  9. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Love those 'Dirty Dogs',also 'Diamond Dogs'.

Rclinftl and johnnycb09 like this.
  10. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Love the dirty dogs! Teacups originally didn't have handles since Chinese teacups didn't. Bullion, i.e. soup, cups have two. One for each hand. So...dunno. The cup and plate might have been for lemon wedges or something similar.

Rclinftl likes this.
  11. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

12. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

'Replacements' good ref site.Of course I try to buy it cheaper somewhere else.

Rclinftl likes this.
  13. Rclinftl

good advise - and the measurement is NOT the open sugar - the measure on this bullion cup? is only 3 3/4" and as previously mentioned the saucer has the same exact cut out as the bottom of the cup and they fit perfectly... the measurements on the open sugars are 4 3/4" an entire inch bigger...

14. Houseful

Sure looks like the sugar bowl to me. 00B4DF68-3809-4AB0-8AE1-613B37366225.jpeg

komokwa, daveydempsey and Bakersgma like this.
  15. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That's a sugar bowl. Way too late to be a handless cup.

kentworld likes this.
  16. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

17. Rclinftl

ahhh - now that makes sense... it didn't make sense that the full size sugar bowl would fit in the cup saucer so perfectly...

18. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I don't think it belongs in the saucer, though. Your trio needs a cup.

Rclinftl and komokwa like this.
  19. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

just goes to show ya.....
    just cuz pieces come together....doesn't mean they go together....;):playful::playful:

Rclinftl likes this.
  20. Clairec

Clairec New Member

Hi there, I am brand new and whilst trying to find where to post my question about some China I have I clicked on yours and would you BELIEVE I have this very trio!! It is called "Balloon Tree" and is one of my absoloute faves! I bought a trio off a local buy and sell page for $20 Australian dollars a few years ago. A month later, whilst visiting my sick Nan I was looking in her china cabinet admiring her things when I saw the VERY same trio and the creamer!! My dear Nan passed away last year and a few days before she passed she gifted them to me. They are beautiful!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted