Featured Show and tell - Carstens of Tonnieshof vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Oct 2, 2018.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I picked up a piece with this double house mark a few years ago but didn't ever figure out the maker - well I found this one yesterday and managed to figure out it's from West German maker Carstens(of Tonnieshof). This vase? has a very funky top. Thought I'd share as I've never seen one quite like this before:

44997641812_c2ca6d52d9_kdev.jpg 45044980811_19e9fa6207_kdev.jpg 44997644422_bdb6cef3d4_kdev.jpg 31172630248_20c181c7d7_kdev.jpg 44325875344_8e68070ecb_kdev.jpg

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Thank you Aaron,
    I took the chance to look at their work. They had some very interesting designs. I may not remember the the the name, but if I ever find 2 house mark, I will remember to search here. :)

cxgirl, Bronwen, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Beautiful, Aaron. And perfect pics, as always.:pics:

4. jakatch

jakatch Active Member

5. sabre123

sabre123 Well-Known Member

Superb. Are you using a softbox-type lighting setup for your photos?

6. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I had one as well... closer to jakatch's than aaroncab's in color. I think the 471 is the mold, or shape, number, and the 14 is the nominal height in centimeters.

cxgirl, judy, aaroncab and 2 others like this.
  7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Stun ning!!!

aaroncab and i need help like this.
  8. aaroncab

9. aaroncab

14cm is about right. Good to know others have had/seen this.

10. aaroncab

Yes, a small softbox kit I purchased on Ebay. It has worked quite well for the last 18 months or so but is beginning to show that it is not high quality. The metal interior framing of the box is starting to rip through the cloth in several areas. I will need to replace it with something better.

Draft saved Draft deleted