Featured Signature Ideas for Oil Painting Titled: Abandoned Pier

Discussion in 'Art' started by Buyers.CASH, Sep 1, 2017.

1. Buyers.CASH

Buyers.CASH Picker at http://Buyers.CASH

This painting is titled Abandoned Pier. I can not make out the signature. If anyone can or recognizes the artist I'd like your input. I appreciate everyone's effort. This site is a great community. I've tried to contribute but everyone is so fast to answer :).
    [​IMG]
    I'm happy to post more images if desired.
    [​IMG]
    This came from an estate that had great prints. This in the only painting.

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That is beautiful.
    I don't know why anyone abandoned the pier, I would have taken it home with me.:)
    The last bit is '68., with the ' above the last letter of the signature.
    No results for S. Imkow, L. Imkow.
    Doesn't mean that you're not allowed to contribute. You can agree, thereby making the first answer more convincing, or you can disagree, sending the others back to their research again.
    Every opinion is part of a learning process, so please contribute, we'd love to hear your opinion as well.:)

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  3. judy

judy Well-Known Member

AJ.....you always know the right thing to say.

(I really like the Abandoned Pier too!)

4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Very nice painting and worth some effort in finding the artists. Signature is tough and I too see an Si at the front and '68. Beyond that, is conjecture. Letter in the middle might be an H instead of a K.

5. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

Can't help with siggie...but love the painting !

6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

z573311880.jpg The painting is wonderful!! But if actual, it probably sank too many boats!!!!:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious:

And here is the siggy lightened up a bit.........not sure any help though.........

Last edited: Sep 2, 2017
  7. Buyers.CASH

Buyers.CASH Picker at http://Buyers.CASH

We bought it from the estate of an art/antique dealer. So far all his art has been from noted artists. They've been prints so it's been helpful to do a google image search to identify the hard to read signatures. This signature has been exasperating to figure out.

8. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

My WAG (letters) - First name Si or Li. Last name Hro*i or Lro*i

Buyers.CASH likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted