Featured Signed Glass Scent Bottle but by who???

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Brian Egan, Oct 29, 2020.

1. Brian Egan

Brian Egan Active Member

This was sold as a Holmegaard scent bottle but I didn't think it was.
    Looks more Isle of Wight Studio to me but I'm really not great on glass as you can see from my previous postings!
    Anyway I took a punt on it and it has a signature and maybe a year?
    Anyone know the maker, style and even better anyone recognise the signature?
    I was hoping for one of the Harris brothers at Isle of Wight - you never know!
    Thanks in advance

thumbnail (2).jpeg thumbnail (1).jpeg thumbnail.jpeg

KSW, komokwa, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  2. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I am of no help but maybe @Ownedbybear can decipher it. :happy::happy:

KSW, pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  3. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's not IoW, although I can see why you might think it is - shape and a bit of azurene like finish. Base is all wrong though. The signature almost looks like Lindshammar.

I shall ponder.

KSW, KikoBlueEyes and bercrystal like this.
  4. Brian Egan

Brian Egan Active Member

OK thanks - shame not IOW but still a nice piece.
    Out of interest what is wrong with the base to be IOW? Good to learn what to look for.
    would be great if someone could id it.

KSW and judy like this.
  5. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

I think the last 4 characters are a date......2011 possibly.
    I agree lindshammar is a possible signature.
    For the life of me I can't think of the Perfume collectors name to tag her. I know it as well as my own and just can't think of it right now. I HATE it when this happens.

KSW likes this.
  6. Brian Egan

Brian Egan Active Member

It does look like a date to me too so good someone else thinks so

KSW likes this.
  7. Ownedbybear

It's that greyed out base, IoW isn't like that. Should be polished.I think it's @bercrystal who is the perfume bottle collector. That does look like 2001 or 2011 at the end. It's a nice bottle.

KSW likes this.
  8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Art glass perfume bottle while beautiful is not what I collect & I basically suck at deciphering the siggies on any type of art glass. That is why I tagged OOB because she has helped out on multiple pieces over the years & I knew if it was an Isle of Wright Studio piece she would likely know. :happy::happy:

KSW likes this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Draft saved Draft deleted