Silver stamp holder

Discussion in 'Wanted' started by Kimbert, Dec 19, 2018.

1. Kimbert

Kimbert Well-Known Member

Hunting for one of these mini envelope stamp sized silver stamp holders. I've seen many being sold for around $100, but I'm keeping my eyes peeled and not buying untill I find one being sold for much less, so if anyone comes one across in your browsing, let me know!

[​IMG]

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Does it have to be silver?

3. Kimbert

silver was what I had in mind, but if you saw something other than silver, my mind could be changed!
    Also I should mention that it would go on a chain, so it needs a jump ring or something for one to attach to

Christmasjoy and kyratango like this.
  4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I know they sell for much less here in Europe (including the UK), silver, so someone should be able to find one. I'll keep a look out.

Does it have to be an engraved one?

5. Any Jewelry

6. Kimbert

thanks for keeping an eye out! no, it doesn't have to be engraved, I'd be happy to find either engraved or smooth finish!
    In CAD (im in canada) it's almost $100, so hoping to find something even still a tad less expensive!

Last edited: Dec 19, 2018
    Any Jewelry, judy and AJefferson like this.
  7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

In Britain they tend to go for a lot less, at least on Bargain Hunt! It might be worth checking ebay.uk for them. You can log in with your ebay.ca userid; the only problem might be finding someone who ships to Canada.

Any Jewelry, judy and Kimbert like this.
  8. Kimbert

thanks for the tip! So far in my ebay searching there are several lovely ones for around 40$ but they are "modern" "vintage style." Would be nice to find one from 1900-1940s! But I'll keep my eyes on ebay.uk for new listings!
    There was this one :
    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Victoria...m=254029826891&_trksid=p2047675.c100010.m2109
    It's hard to tell if would look good after a nice cleaning, looks to be in slightly rough shape...

judy likes this.
  9. evelyb30

That one does look like it was bashed about a bit - probably lived on a watch chain.

kyratango and judy like this.
  10. Kimbert

agreed! I'm hoping bashed up ones aren't all I can find at the pricepoint I had in mind!

kyratango and judy like this.
  11. evelyb30

Keep your eyes peeled; you never know. Weird things have a way of popping up on FeeBay.

kyratango and Kimbert like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

I'll bear that in mind. So to recap, any envelope stamp case whether engraved, engine turned, repoussé (plain?), preferably silver, below CAD 100.:)

This one is on a Dutch site, ca 100 CAD. I like the Art Nouveau letters:
    [​IMG]

https://www.marktplaats.nl/a/antiek...285449651fa109c354bbabe740c1b&previousPage=lr

You can register for free, and most Dutch sellers are used to international bidders. You can also make an offer, you never know.

13. Kimbert

Yes, that's all correct! I like the lettering on this one, it's so whimsical ! I'll check out that website and take a gander after work! thank you!

kyratango, komokwa and Any Jewelry like this.
  14. Any Jewelry

I don't know the seller, but he has been on the site for 9 1/2 yrs, which is a good sign. The site has recently introduced a rating system, and he has a good rating so far.
    If you need any help navigating or translating, just ask.

Should you decide to buy it, you could ask him to put a lower value on the customs form.

kyratango and komokwa like this.
  15. Kimbert

thanks for all your help! I've put a bid, we'll see what happens!

kyratango and Any Jewelry like this.
  16. Any Jewelry

Good luck!
    What works with a lot of Dutch sellers is sending them a little message as well. We Dutch love to talk, establish a relationship.:D
    Maybe just something about how you've been looking for one of these for a while, really love the lettering, and would he consider your offer, that kind of thing.

kyratango likes this.
  17. Kimbert

Unfortunately it was a no-go, but it was worth a try!
    I just found this though! https://www.etsy.com/ca/listing/151...cet&ref=sr_gallery-1-7&organic_search_click=1

The only thing is it's not the envelope shape, but a book shape instead so not exactly what I wanted, but so far the best price on other all similar ones.... I will think a bit more
    [​IMG]

Any Jewelry and kyratango like this.
  18. Kimbert

kyratango likes this.
  19. evelyb30

Now that you've found one, there may be a dozen more. Maybe you need to start collecting them.

Kimbert, kyratango and i need help like this.
  20. Kimbert

dangerous addiction! I went for the book shaped one with letters on it, so now I figure at a later date I'll still keep my eyes peeled for an envelope shaped one with no letters :D

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted