Featured Silver stash found in burned out Redwoods in Pescarero, San Mateo County California

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Firemandk, May 2, 2021.

1. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

@MrNate

Found a few miles down the road from my former fire station near Pescadero (sorry about my poor typing in the header)..... silver a.jpg silver b.jpg

2. JayBee

JayBee Well-Known Member

That belonged to Jean Valjean. He hid that after immigrating to the USA. Victor Hugo was part of the cover up, and pretending that Valjean dies, because Javert's body was never recovered from the Seine and he was afraid he would continue to chase his hero. No one knows where Jean Valjean's tomb is, so Les Miserables continues to fascinate readers and Broadwayers...

3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Thats so cool ! Im betting most is silver plate,wich is why it ended up in a stump!

pearlsnblume likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

THAT is WAAAAAY COOOL!!!!!:singing::singing::singing::singing::):):):smuggrin::smuggrin:

pearlsnblume likes this.
  5. Firemandk

One never knows what one will come across in the mountains of San Mateo and Santa Cruz. 20 or so years ago a body was found in Henry Cowell State park near Graham Hill in Santa Cruz. First identified as a man by it's clothes, it was actually a woman dressed as a man ....found in the remnants of the clothes: Silver coins and a toothbrush dated to the turn of the century . That body had been there under a tree for 90 years or so ..... Amazing the animals did not scatter the bones so far away it could never be identified . They never did figure out the identity of the woman.

6. MrNate

MrNate Well-Known Member

That's a huge pile of goodies! I'm really curious if the rangers stumbled across real silver, or aren't knowledgeable enough to spot silverplate. Some of the items (candelabras) look like typical weighted sterling. A bit hard to tell by the photos, but definitely interesting on why someone would bury everything.

7. Firemandk

That area has quite the history ... close by was the house of Ken Kessey and the Merry Pranksters , where a lot of partying went on with Hunter Thompson and the Hells Angels, and close by in La Honda, Richard Allen Davis , the kidnapper and murderer of Polly Klass grew up . One of my Fire Captains went to school with that scum , he was known as a thief and burglar early on he said , so who knows .

Richard Allen Davis - Wikipedia

8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

The original post said the woman going through the stash is a "museum curator".

Draft saved Draft deleted