Silverplate tray I need some help with engravings on the edge please

Discussion in 'Silver' started by bercrystal, May 4, 2019.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

Before I take this tray to the recycle I was hoping someone here might be able to me out. It is not marked, but has 3 images engraved around the edge. I wanted to make sure I was not trashing something I shouldn't. It has considerable wear in the center so I would think it was not worth bothering with BWDIK. :p:p:p

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!! :kiss::kiss:

kyratango likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

if it was a real family crest , i doubt the engraver would have botched the lower right hand corner....

3. Hollyblue

Hollyblue Well-Known Member

Something from a hunting/sportsman club

Figtree3 and kyratango like this.
  4. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

On my monitor appears to be worn to brass, or is it copper?

Likely a wedding gift, the two families represented. The engraving isn't of the best quality, but the crests appear to be a hound passant, collared and leashed; the other a stag passant - the quartered shield with arms of two bugle-horns stringed, on a quartered white and black field; the other arms of three escallops on a blue field, divided with an ermine chevron. I've done fairly well on some unremarkable silver with heraldic engravings that I've tracked down, but it can sometimes be a fruitless effort, not sure if it would pay off on this one or not...

~Cheryl

Figtree3 likes this.
  5. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I guess my first instinct was correct. It will be dropped off at the recycle center along with the huge silver plated lazy susan that is equally worn. :p:p

Thanks to you all!! :happy::happy::happy:

Draft saved Draft deleted