Silverplated items - does anyone recognise any of them?

Discussion in 'Silver' started by Linda Froyland, Jul 30, 2018.

1. Linda Froyland

Linda Froyland New Member

Biscuit trays.jpg Milk, butter, pepper and tea brewer.jpg Milk, butter, pepper and tea brewer.jpg Hi,
    I have some items from my grandparents and great-grandparents. Does anyone know when they date back to and where they are produced?

Top left - Bowl with pattern - has no marks. It is plated silver. Anyone recognise this bowl?

Top right - Bowl - ENPS silver from Kingsway plate, Birmingham, England
    Does anyone have a value estimate for this type of bowl?

Butter dish with cover - plated silver and made in England. Not sure of the make.

The cream jug - plated silver and no marks.

The salt and pepper set - Silver plated. Made in England but not sure of the make? The stamp is too small to read.

Front - Tea ball is possibly from Lee Wigfull Ltd. The print is very bad. It is silver.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
    judy likes this.
  2. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Linda, people will need at the very least to see clear close ups of any makers and other marks on the items. It tells you who made it, also where made and when they were producing the pieces.

judy, Aquitaine, Fid and 5 others like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

A couple of interesting pieces there.
    As requested, closeups of the marks would be very helpful.

Are you sure the tea ball isn't sterling?

judy, Aquitaine and Bakersgma like this.
  4. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

That is why the marks need to be shown. You may find out that something is sterling rather than plated.

5. Linda Froyland

I have added a description of each item - the stamps are all so minute :) Thank you for helping this far. Hope this helps.

6. Linda Froyland

Yes, it looks to be sterling. It is in good condition even after all the polishing it has endured the last 100 years. If you know anything about it - many thanks.

judy likes this.
  7. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

We'd really like to help add to what you already know, Linda, but we can't do much without more pictures - a separate close up of each item so we can see the details, pictures of whatever markings there are (does your camera have a "macro" or closeup function you can use?) are essential.

If the tea ball is really sterling, it should have British silver marks on it, not the word sterling and not just the manufacturer's name. There should be at least 3 or more marks, usually in a row. Do you see anything like that on it?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2018
  8. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@Bakersgma Don't know if it is too late to edit, but I think you meant Linda and not Jamie.

Linda -
    I second what Bakers said. We would like to help you, but you need to help us with better pictures.

Bakersgma likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Phew, in time!

Houseful and clutteredcloset49 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted