Featured Siouxsie And The Banshees (very rare)

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by Vintage Maven, Oct 13, 2019.

1. Vintage Maven

Vintage Maven Well-Known Member

I know this item from my collection doesn’t particularly meet the criteria as an antique, maybe more rare vintage than anything else. So I apologize in comparison to my many other vintage/antique submissions. And in no way do I wish to insult the integrity of this forum.

This item may also fall into music memorabilia.

This is a serious extremely rare mint condition 1986 original Tinderbox Tour Program for the legendary Post-Punk/Goth Rock band Siouxsie &The Banshees, it is hand-signed by the entire band, Siouxsie Sioux, Steven Severin, John Valentine Carruthers, Budgie(Peter Edward Clark).

Thought I’d post this rarity for those out there who may know, or may even have some of the band’s vintage in their own collection.

75012EF0-B71C-47ED-B66C-E5AE5D57BE0C.jpeg 78831B07-2930-4019-8B73-EB8199F1D687.jpeg 2FC491ED-A15B-4BE2-BE02-3B9C11855A57.jpeg B1EE90E0-92B9-4F24-AFA4-F5519B96873E.jpeg 706DD25B-D8E3-4C51-9FFA-6EA88E13E382.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

the integrity of this forum..........

Wait, what ?
    We have integrity?
    We have Grit.....I know that.........but the other thang.......Eeeep ..errrr....ough...

YAY...Rock & Roll !!!!!!:playful::playful::playful::playful::playful::playful:

elarnia, Jivvy, BoudiccaJones and 5 others like this.
  3. Vintage Maven

Lol oh @komokwa ❤️

4. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

As a devout 80s lover,I drool !

5. Vintage Maven

I have four of their LP’s and some rare 45’s of theirs I will have to post in the Music Faves section sometime soon❤️

6. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

LOL Komo !!! ... TRUE Grit !!! ... Joy. :joyful:

7. Ghopper1924

Ghopper1924 Well-Known Member

I was in a band that covered a Banshees song back in the day. All those decades now...

Siouxie stuff signed by the whole band IS rare...Estimate about $500 for this from a true fan in the U.S.

8. Vintage Maven

I’d never sell, besides this was a birthday gift to me from my Dad❤️ Wow! I bet your band was awesome, what song(s) of theirs did you cover? @Ghopper1924

Last edited: Oct 13, 2019
    scoutshouse and Christmasjoy like this.
  9. Vintage Maven

3A03921B-56BD-4D47-844A-19E371307D1C.jpeg Here is another interesting item in my Siouxsie collection, these are original 1984 Polydor Records UK publicity images taken by Anton Corbijn in mint condition, and featuring Robert Smith! I haven’t had these properly framed yet.

BoudiccaJones and scoutshouse like this.
  10. Ghopper1924

'Pure' from 'The Scream'

And thanks for the vote of confidence, but we weren't good musically, though ideologically we were on firm footing :)

And just FYI we also covered "Public Image," "EMI," "What Do I Get?" and others from the late 70s. I'm sure you know who wrote each one.....

Jivvy, scoutshouse and Christmasjoy like this.
  11. Vintage Maven

Well, as Siouxsie said, “You didn’t really have to be really good, we just invented music along the way on stage in the early years and made a lot of noise, it was the establishment we hated that we had in common”.
    The Scream is probably my favourite, Kiss In The Dreamhouse is also one I loooove! @Ghopper1924

here is my 1978 first press of The Scream❤️

6F948DCC-BD68-4DC9-A694-71D8A0D5745B.jpeg

12. Ghopper1924

It's been many years since I held that in my hands, though I'm pleased to say that, at least in the one instance, the condition of my copy was as good as yours!

Yes, we definitely followed Siouxie's philosophy back then :)

13. scoutshouse

scoutshouse Well-Known Member

Amen.

Ghopper1924 and Vintage Maven like this.
  14. BoudiccaJones

BoudiccaJones Well-Known Member

I LOVE THE BANSHEES <3
    I have loads of Banshees vinyl...punk and Bowie are my main focus. I do only have about thousand singles but so hard to store,that's enough :O and two hundred LP's ( am more a singles collector,there's something about the seven inchers) and this is fabu, @Vintage Maven !!
    Thank you so much for showing us...records and books were the first things I ever **collected** though I don't really collect either, just have some ( BOOKS LOADS) that I use. Hate CDs with a pash though now I prefer to use youtube,so much easier than getting records out.
    Here is my fave record...my fave item ever is my leather,we have been through so MUCH together,and every gig I have been to my jacket was there <3 <3 <3

The original first pressing of my fave band ever's first single...piece of history...Buzzcocks Spiral Scratch.

[​IMG]

SO PROUD to get this...I was 13, we used to go to Birmingham on the train every Saturday my punk friends and I and we'd go to a shop called Oasis. Where we lived, there were no real clothes or record shops for the young Punkess/Punk. I worked a Saturday job to get the money to go there and every Sat afternoon after work, I and a bunch of us punks would hop on the train. When I saw this for £5 in Oasis BirminghamI could not contain myself. I had a few copies of the 1980 rerelease but I wanted this SO BADLY I could taste it. And there it was <3

**just as an aside, I wasn't part of the original wave of punk...we were what we called Hardcore/Second Wave so I am not quite as old as may be suggested :O **

SORRY for the magnum opus :O I COULD NOT STOP MYSELF
    Now I have totally gone native, I may as well just show The jacket in all her glory. Here she is on my 13 year old self
    [​IMG]

Here she is in 2010 with me and Colin from GBH

[​IMG]

AND here she is now. My fave item of anything,ever

[​IMG]

15. BoudiccaJones

OMG YOU SPEAK MY LANGUAGE <3

WHAT DO I GET!!!!! THAT IS MY BAND...i am so so so emosh re. Buzzcocks, not rational about them at all.<3 Move me to tears. Daily.
    LOVE Public Image too natch...and the Pistols,well...again moves me to tears. My kids know allllllll the words to every Bowie song,every Buzzcocks song...every Pistols song...list goes on. Joy Division too xxx

SO SO SORRY but I am so cited I just cannot shut up :O

Jivvy, scoutshouse and Ghopper1924 like this.
  16. Vintage Maven

@BoudiccaJones You are cool! Totally cool. I absolutely loved reading what you wrote, and looking at your pictures as well, brightened my morning! I loved your reflections on feelings towards the bands and the music. We think a lot alike in some ways, you can “opus” anytime you like! Lotsa love, Maven❤️

Last edited: Oct 14, 2019
  17. BoudiccaJones

What lovely words. Thank you Maven <3 and thank for for allowing me this opportunity to go on ( and on and...) about my fav things. xxxx

18. Vintage Maven

scoutshouse and Ghopper1924 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted