Sklo Union Frantisek Vizner Clear Glass Vase Organic “S” Scrolls Satin Flutes MCM

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moreotherstuff, Jul 16, 2014.

1. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Does anybody have the Sklo book? Frantisek Vizner made vases with a very similar shape, but a different surface decoration. It has the right kind of foot for Sklo - recessed with a polished foot ring. I can't find it online. The vase stands about 8 ¾” tall, measures about 5 ¼” across the top, 2 ¾” across the foot. Anybody know it?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I've got the Hi Sklo Lo Sklo book but your vase isn't in it :(. Here is a little something they say about bases on the molded vases if it helps at all.
    sklo.jpg sklo 2.jpg

3. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Thanks for looking. I looked up the manufacturers mentioned on that page and found items I could easily mistake for Sklo... but not this. Even found a couple of designer names, but no joy.

4. say_it_slowly

It's been awhile since I looked for Sklo pieces (I think I have one that I've never identified) but did you look at this website? There are some catalogs if you can find them. I underlined an example of how to find one. http://www.cs-sklo.cz/#
    sklo web.jpg

5. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I've never visited that site. Looks like a good one, but I'll have to wait until I'm on a faster computer before tackling it. Thanks.

6. say_it_slowly

I remember it's a hard site to navigate (probably would be easier if I spoke the language) but there are catalogs and info tucked into various spots. There are some good catalogs also if you look under Lisované Sklo (pressed glass) / Sklo Union books and also just below that under Katalogy.
    sklo web 2.jpg

7. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Not the easiest site to navigate. It will take a while to explore. Bothers me that the drop down menus run off the page with no way to access the off-page info.

8. elarnia

elarnia SIWL

When this happens try hitting [Ctrl] and the minus sign on your number pad - should make the text smaller so you can see the bottom of the drop down. [Ctrl] and the plus key makes it bigger - cheers

9. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Good tip. Thank you.

Draft saved Draft deleted