Featured Small black and white pottery vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by moekeever, Nov 16, 2018.

1. moekeever

moekeever New Member

I received this vase as a gift from a family member several years ago. I collected Native American items and they thought it fit my collecting style. Even though it's marked, I have been unable to identify the piece. Any help will be much appreciated. image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

pearlsnblume, judy and i need help like this.
  2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Talabricense Talavera.

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That would be the Mexican Talavera, originated by potters from Talavera, Spain.

4. moekeever

moekeever New Member

Thanks to everyone for the fast response. I will put the info on a small piece of paper and place the vase back on the shelf to enjoy.

pearlsnblume, judy, Pat P and 2 others like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is a cutie.

6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Hey, don't wanna contradict but... Think that's Spanish Talavera not Mexican. Talabricense means "from Talavera." No such place name in México and Talavera is produced in Puebla among other places (so if it were marked with a place name it would be "Poblano," for instance.) Know it doesn't look particularly Spanish but here's a little jarrón from a Spanish on-line sale site with same markings.

Debora

Jarrón 1.jpg

Jarrón 2.jpg

Any Jewelry, moekeever, Pat P and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted