Small Blue and White Dragon Teapot - Arita?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Apr 13, 2022.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Friends - I ran across this teapot at a local auction house and it intrigued me. The auction has five or six lots of blue and white Japanese and English porcelain and this little pot interested me enough that a left a small opening bid. One aspect of the teapot that I liked was that it appears to have raised areas on the outside surface. I neglected to measure it but it couldn't have held more that a cup or two and was about 6" tall.

I researched the mark on Gotheborg and it looks like it shared some characteristics
    with the Arita marks. The section was "Arita - Imitating Chinese Ming dynasty Chenghua mark".

Any help with figuring this piece out would be much appreciated. Thank you!
    Don

IMG_20220412_142848915.jpg IMG_20220412_142907181.jpg IMG_20220412_142920481.jpg IMG_20220412_142925341.jpg

KikoBlueEyes and Aquitaine like this.
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

The mark is Chinese - for the Yongzheng emperor, but it is a very modern Chinese item made in Jingdezhen, they still make items like this today so it could be near enough brand new.

popsycat, Pat Dennis, Boland and 5 others like this.
  3. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Thank you very much, Ce BCA!

KikoBlueEyes likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted