Small blue glaze pottery vase signed

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by billyd3us, Oct 11, 2018.

1. billyd3us

billyd3us Thanks All my Friends

Here is another pottery piece I have. I have lot's of pottery that I cannot identify, most with hallmarks. Anyone know who made this or the signature ? I have so many pieces, I just don't want to flood this site will all my stuff.

Thank You

Billy D. 007.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 011.JPG 012.JPG

Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

JMHO, artisan or student piece. The lines on the bottom were made by twisted wire used to release the finished shape from the potter’s wheel.

judy, Christmasjoy and Bakersgma like this.
  3. Taupou

Taupou Well-Known Member

It's also American Raku, also called post-firing reduction). It's a method of firing started in the late 1960's by Paul Soldner, and adapted from Japanese pottery.

But nearly every pottery student, or interested individual, took a raku workshop or class in the 1970s/1980s, and they are still doing so today, world-wide, so it's going to be hard to identify, unless you get lucky and someone on this forum recognizes the signature.

judy, Pat P and Christmasjoy like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted