Featured Small blue purple pottery vase - anyone recognize the mark?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by aaroncab, Jul 27, 2018.

1. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

4" high - about 4" in diameter. The material seems to be semi-porcelaneous and very slightly transluscent - but almost opaque. Feels like an older(not the last 50 years) piece to me but I could be wrong.

At first I thought the mark might be Marblehead, but now it's looking like a figure sitting at a potting wheel. I can't really make out the text at all... maybe someone will have better luck :) Thanks again for all the help!

~

Aaron

42779931495_10512452ee_kdev.jpg 43635977742_a97239884b_kdev.jpg 41874674870_dfb8980ae8_kdev.jpg 41874673790_73cf487cb8_kdev.jpg 28793778087_4ec56c91de_kdev.jpg 42966211234_5c976938cc_kdev.jpg

2. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

I believe that's Pisgah Forest.

3. aaroncab

Bing! I thought someone might recognize it - seemed pretty distinctive. I do believe you're right! thanks Uncle Chuck!

Any Jewelry, judy, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  4. aaroncab

Follow up question - I found a site that says that pieces after 1926 were marked with the year - can I assume this piece is pre 1927?

judy and Bronwen like this.
  5. UncleChuckTX

You're welcome. If you google for info, beware of the site that is named pisgahforestpottery-dot-com. The URL has been taken over by some other random person or company (or scam), and does not contain info about the pottery. I got a malware / virus alert from Norton Antivirus.

judy, komokwa, Bronwen and 3 others like this.
  6. UncleChuckTX

http://ncpottery.mintmuseum.org/library

Click the catalogs menu, and select "A Catalogue of an Exhibition of Pottery by Walter Stephen". It is a PDF download, and has examples of several different marks.

7. aaroncab

Thanks again! Looks like my mark is most likely the post 1961 mark. Really appreciate the help.

judy, komokwa, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted