Small blue star pottery vase looks Arabic by design M or W mark help

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Mugzinnys, Jun 28, 2018.

1. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

This vase or small pottery jar is 4" tall. I am guessing that the metal is pewter. What is it and what is it made for and if? What is that M or W mark? 20180628_105711.jpg 20180628_105726.jpg 20180628_105738.jpg 20180628_105745.jpg 20180628_105801.jpg 20180628_105811.jpg 20180628_105818.jpg 20180628_105831.jpg

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Looks like it is missing a stopper/lid. The construction looks old; the simple star decoration seems like something you would have seen in the 1960s/70s. Halley's comet inspired?

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Makes me think of Cost Plus.
    I don't think 1960s - 70s. I think later.
    Moon and Stars theme. More New Age.

Mugzinnys and Bronwen like this.
  4. Bronwen

I thought the Age of Aquarius was already dawning in the late 1960s? Heard that, somewhere. :joyful:

5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

You're correct it started in the 60s-70s.

I just think of the new spiritual stores as New Age. They're different than what we frequented. It's more moon and star, crystals, etc rather than zodiac. I'm not into either, so I should:muted:

Mugzinnys and Bronwen like this.
  6. Mugzinnys

The age of aquarius bring to mine for me the musical group "The 5th Dimension" and the Musical "Hair"

Last edited: Jun 28, 2018
    Bronwen likes this.
  7. Bronwen

Mugzinnys likes this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I've seen these. They're sold with solid perfume in assorted Zodiac signs. It's missing a stopper.

Bronwen likes this.
  9. Mugzinnys

Aquarius The Fifth Dimension

Hair The age of Aquarius

That's the second item I have aquire without a stopper this month.

Bronwen likes this.
  10. Mugzinnys

Perfume to me seems a bit odd because I would think that something with an air tight stopper and less porius would be more adapt for storage of perfume. I could be wrong because the inside could be glazed to make it leak proof. Wow the Cowsills Bronwen
    Peace and Love to Ya:cow: Love that post it brought me right back to the 60s nice memories

Bronwen likes this.
  11. Ownedbybear

It would have had a cork stopper with wax or plastic over it. If I could find the one I had, I'd post a picture!

12. Mugzinnys

Oh thank Ownedbybear that piece of the puzzle fits perfectly. What does the term solid perfume reference to?

13. Ownedbybear

it's basically perfume made as a sort of cake? Not liquid.

Draft saved Draft deleted