SMALL BLUE & WHITE BOWL, NO MARKINGS......OLD, USA?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Aquitaine, Mar 30, 2018.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi....another one of Mom's acquisitions, but don't know when or where.....found it inside a small basket that it just fit into......has NO markings, but weighs 15.6 ounces or 441 grams, which I thought was a lot for it's size......which is......top diameter 5 1/4", the foot across the bottom is 3 1/8" and the height is 3"......I do love the color of blue and white.....to me it "feels" old, BWDIK????? NEED HELP......this is definitely NOT an area I have any knowledge about!!!!!

zBLUE WHITE BOWL-1.jpg zBLUE WHITE BOWL-2.jpg zBLUE WHITE BOWL-3.jpg zBLUE WHITE BOWL-4.jpg

komokwa and Huntingtreasure like this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Reminds me of sun washed Portugal. I remember the summer of 67 so well.:singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing::singing:
    greg

pearlsnblume, Aquitaine and dgbjwc like this.
  3. Aquitaine

I don't believe it's new......or at least not very......Mom had had it for AGES!!!! Any ideas on where I can search????

4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Reminds me of things I used to see in Pier One in the 80s and 90s.

5. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

My first thought was a rice bowl. I don't think it's American. I love the decoration - the florals almost look like thistles. Wish I could help more.
    Don

Huntingtreasure likes this.
  6. Aquitaine

Well, guess I'll just have to keep it and use it then............sheesh!!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful::joyful: And I thought y'all would help my ship to come in!!!!!!!! Sigh........:(:D:D

judy and larryE like this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

If it's anything like my ship it hit an iceberg years ago! We bought tickets for the last mega millions and I don't think we hit even one number. I'm not allowed to touch the tickets since I'm considered bad luck when it comes to gambling but even that didn't help this time. I guess it's back to pole dancing on Monday!:eek:
    Don

judy, Aquitaine, larryE and 1 other person like this.
  8. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

judy likes this.
  9. Aquitaine

WOW!!! @Huntingtreasure, that's my bowl, EXACTLY!!!! THANK YOU!!!! Those small amounts in measurements could be mine or theirs, so that doesn't worry me!!!! SO HAPPY you found that!!!!
    Sue

judy likes this.
  10. Huntingtreasure

Huntingtreasure Well-Known Member

You're Welcome ;)

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted