Small but heavy glass pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by komokwa, May 3, 2017.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

sorry for the poor pics...but maybe enough here for an ID........

All comments welcomed...

IMG_1805.JPG IMG_1806.JPG IMG_1807.JPG IMG_1808.JPG IMG_1809.JPG IMG_1810.JPG

pearlsnblume likes this.
  2. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have an extremely heavy one like that. I always thought it was Waterford but turns out to an import but really very well done. Almost seemed too heavy for the handle when filled.
    greg

komokwa likes this.
  3. 808 raver

808 raver Well-Known Member

I have one almost the same as well, mine has a music box in the bottom so when picked up the tune starts playing

komokwa likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Well, sorry, Waterford was my initial thought.........got 'nuthin' else...:dead:

komokwa likes this.
  5. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

I don't know how to link but there's an Edinburgh crystal patterns page and scroll down a bit, there's a jug there that looks very similar.

komokwa likes this.
  6. komokwa

i looked where i could but don't see the one you're suggesting.....:oops:

7. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

See eBay, Edinburgh crystal Montrose jug. The scalloped top is very similar to yours. As I can't link I can't compare them together on the same page so I have to try and keep it in my memory. There's also Brierly crystal you could check out. It's a nice piece whoever made it.

komokwa likes this.
  8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Brierley was pretty well always signed. Later Edinburgh sometimes only had a foil label. That does look like Montrose. Image grabbed from a closed auction on Ebay.com mzQ49z3QuKsHKWASnTn7uYw.jpg

komokwa likes this.
  9. komokwa

it kinda does but so far i haven't found a match . to jug, whiskey jug, water jug....creamer....or that type of foot.....
    I saw a Montrose that was etched on the bottom.....this could have had a sticker....but moms glass was mostly from the 50's..or 60's......so ...i'm not sure.

Draft saved Draft deleted