Small Dish with Handle, what is it?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Jamie123, Feb 17, 2018.

1. Jamie123

Jamie123 New Member

Small dish with delicate handle, strainer type piece on edge and half mood shape cut out on edge. Measures about 3 1/2 by 2 1/2 inches. Have no idea what it is, help:) C4EBC86D-D183-4BEF-A7E6-82136174D727.jpeg

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

I think it's just a nappy, sometimes called a lemon server, hobbyist painted, so the maker of the blank doesn't matter.
    Janet

Bronwen and Aquitaine like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

mint dish..?
    maybe a small spoon held upright in the slots..?

Bronwen likes this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

NICE!!

Bronwen likes this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

I don't know about the spoons, but mint dish was my first reaction. Maybe, as you held the whole thing by the curved handle in one hand, the grid was a handle that let you, with the other hand, tip mints toward that indentation across from it & have some fall into a guest's palm.

6. KentWhirled

KentWhirled Well-Known Member

Somewhere in the recesses of my addled mind, a lemon server comes to mind. Thin slices of lemon were put on the dish to serve with your tea.

Bronwen likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted