Featured Small drip glaze vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Jul 26, 2019.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

This vase has a lot going on - multi-layer multicolor drip glaze, nice molded details, and in some areas the glaze has crystalline spots. It's 5.25" tall and 5" in diameter.

If no one knows the maker or era, can anyone help with other keywords like the name of the shape, or is there another name for this type glaze besides "drip", etc.?

Thanks - hope everyone has a great weekend!

IMG_3268.JPG
    IMG_3269.JPG
    IMG_3270.JPG

dgbjwc, Marzena, AntiqueAndy and 5 others like this.
  2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I bet that's Belgian. Early 20th.

kentworld, *crs*, carolgal and 4 others like this.
  3. carolgal

carolgal Well-Known Member

4. Mugzinnys

Mugzinnys Well-Known Member

I love the way that brown dris down on the blue in your first image.

UncleChuckTX and johnnycb09 like this.
  5. UncleChuckTX

Thank you. My first impression was that it might be from Europe. I haven't been able to find anything with a clean base like this, or anything similar that is unmarked. I'll keep looking in that direction.

6. UncleChuckTX

Wanted to follow up on this thread to show a matching vase I found (coincidentally, at the same thrift shop as the first one):

20191112_151702.jpg
    20191112_151720.jpg

Draft saved Draft deleted