Featured Small English pitcher, well marked, maker??

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Aug 26, 2020.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

Small pitcher (approx 2 1/4").
    Anyone recognize this maker?

Thanks!

pitcher2.jpg pitcher5.jpg pitcher.jpg

2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

3. Lucille.b

Thank you, Janetpjohn! That was quick. :happy:

It's a sweet little thing, isn't it? Was at the thrift yesterday. I think they gave up on trying to ID it so set it out at .99.

It is kind of growing on me, so might keep it. But if I decide to list, is there a name for the ridges on the piece? Also should I call the leaves "ivy"?

patd8643 likes this.
  4. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

What a sweet piece and yes, that looks like ivy.

Lucille.b likes this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Yes to ivy. The ridges are ferns.

Interesting that it has two RD numbers. Both in the 1890-2 range.

Lucille.b likes this.
  6. Lucille.b

Thanks to everyone for taking a look. :happy:

It seemed a bit intriguing at the thrift, although some smalls aren't selling that well, took a chance.

But honestly it has been one of those pieces that I came to appreciate more and more as got it home. I like the way the ivy sort of cascades down sort of randomly, very realistic. Now that I see how old it is, must have been the English quality I was seeing.

Rabid Collector and mmarco102 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted