Featured Small Fenton candle inserts - for what?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by UncleChuckTX, Aug 7, 2019.

1. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

I came across several of these today. They were priced too high to purchase, so I left them at the antique mall. But figuring out what they fit into has been bugging me all afternoon.

I found matching pieces in milk glass on eBay, marked with the "Fenton 8" logo. The ones I saw were crystal. I looked through the '80s catalogs available, and didn't see a match.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/SET-OF-2-V...GLASS-6-CANDLE-PEDESTAL-INSERTS-/163686828041

From the eBay listing, which says they might fit into the Fenton multi-purpose candle bowl:

fenton1.jpg

fenton2.jpg
    I think this is the candle bowl they're talking about (from the 1969 catalog):

1969-jan-Page33.jpg

2. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I don't know a lot about fenton but I seem to recall that there were 2 similar versions of planter, one with those little things as part of it and one without those things. One was a candle holder, the other was a convention planter type. I am wondering if they were sold as an add on like you have pictured.
    Just my 2 cents.

UncleChuckTX and judy like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Fenton didn't start marking all their items with "Fenton" in an oval until the mid 1970s.

The flower bowl you are showing, has the candle holders in the glass around the rim.
    upload_2019-8-7_22-39-44.png

UncleChuckTX and judy like this.
  4. UncleChuckTX

UncleChuckTX Well-Known Member

Right - and this insert looks like it might be small enough to fit into the round inset in the center of the bowl, to give you more small candlestick holes in the center instead of the one big candlestick hole or the pillar candle inset.

It looks like it also could sit on top of a candlestick, with the round channel around the logo. But I can't find any documentation to verify any of those ideas.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted