Featured small glass factice perfume bottle made in France

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by SBSVC, Nov 17, 2017.

1. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

I know there are some folks here who know a lot about perfume bottles. (I, of course, am NOT one of them!) I am asking about this one purely out of curiosity.

I bought a small, stoppered bottle, just because it was yellow, and I happen to like yellow glass. As it turned out, it isn't actually yellow glass, but rather, yellow stained. The bottle itself is about 1 3/4" wide and 1 3/4" tall, excluding the stopper.

I was surprised to find the words FACTICE and BOTTLE MADE IN FRANCE on the bottom of it. Before seeing that wording, I had assumed it was not affiliated with any particular perfume brand, but now I'm wondering if perhaps it was? (And would the yellow coloring simply have been added to mimic perfume inside?)

The shape of the bottle is quite similar to some Jean Patou bottles (tho with a different style stopper) but it certainly isn't anything like Baccarat.

Here are a couple of shots of my bottle, as well as one from a listing I happened to see on Etsy:

img0 (22).jpg img0 (23).jpg

The picture below is from the Etsy listing. Note that both the clear AND the yellow bottles are the same shape:
    img0 (24).jpg
    Listing from:
    https://www.etsy.com/listing/519095...ery&ga_search_query=factice&ref=sr_gallery_34

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

Last edited: Nov 18, 2017
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

It would have been a display bottle for a particular perfume and, as such, wouldn't have held "juice." Made in France isn't much help as some high end American perfume brands import bottles. Quite a pretty bottle. Don't recognize it but label font shows it's modern. (And does look quite a bit like Joy bottle.)

Debora

3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Take a look and see if this gives you a match.

Debora

FORUM Caron.jpg

kyratango, Bronwen, SBSVC and 3 others like this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Thanks very much, Debora - that looks like it!

komokwa and yourturntoloveit like this.
  5. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

judy and yourturntoloveit like this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

7. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I miss Cleo, when she was on the old board her answers were so enlightening.
    greg

Bev aka thelmasstuff and SBSVC like this.
  8. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Asp & it shall be answered?

9. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

Found a perfume bottle the other day and thought I'd search the boards before I asked about it and low and behold it's this one. Mine has matching number(137) inscribed on the bottle and stopper.:

~
    38865689141_81b8a3ddb2_kdev.jpg 38835458122_5ca9aa15d3_kdev.jpg 38150176654_05880dc543_kdev.jpg

Figtree3 and SBSVC like this.
  10. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Now, how cool is that? (I probably don't need to say that I like it!)

aaroncab likes this.
  11. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I must say you have fantastic taste!

SBSVC likes this.
  12. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

:)

13. Walter Del Pellegrino

Walter Del Pellegrino Well-Known Member

14. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi Walter,
    Cleo used to be a member of the old ebay forum and a favorite of mine. Her work is impressive and helped fill several unknown perfumes.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted