Small green amber glass vase.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Houseful, Nov 3, 2022.

1. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

Jumble sale buy. 5 and a quarter inches high, heavy, unsigned.
    Ground Pontil with plenty of little age scratches that look authentic to me.
    I love it, it reminds me of one of the open pods in Alien! Any ideas about the maker please, possibly Murano? Thanks.
    25E0CFDF-7E5B-4561-8D1D-F3398B1C13A3.jpeg 57402EB9-F98E-4A27-BBC9-E6C8CBBCEB98.jpeg 47C5DFB2-374B-4376-933D-B862D14BA0D2.jpeg C63ED559-F3DD-4EA7-BE9D-9C90CB4FD9AF.jpeg AE0002D6-D07B-460C-9EB5-D296214FDB00.jpeg

Any Jewelry likes this.
  2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

From looking at the base appear to be chribska josef hospodka

Houseful likes this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

The base doesnt look polished so Im guessing Chinese.AND now I realize it was just dirt I was seeing ! Doh !

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    Houseful likes this.
  4. Rclinftl

Rclinftl Well-Known Member

if you do a google word search for Seguso Amber Green Vase you will find MANY examples that are VERY SIMILIAR

Houseful likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

I was going to say Italian, but no idea whose.

Houseful likes this.
  6. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Not Chribska, I don't think, I've a lot of that. Colours are wrong, as is the top. As an aside, so much Chribska gets called Murano. Arg.

I'm inclined to Japanese, but go check the 20th Century Glass site.

Houseful likes this.
  7. Houseful

Thanks to all. This type of pointed tops, ie quite long, seems unusual as I can only find shorter ones. This will look lovely with mini narcissi in it.

8. Houseful

Will do, thanks.

9. Houseful

Thanks rink, I found a pink one not the same but reminded me of mine but they didn’t show the base though. Off to look some more.

Draft saved Draft deleted